|Eleven: Want To|

It had been a few days since the incident with Cassius, and he was well into his training now. It all felt so surreal, and his mind was so clouded with thoughts of vampires and the magic realm that Sam almost forgot he had a real job, and a place in University. He was torn between embracing his true identity, and hiding from it. However it was difficult to hide when his dad was training him everyday, working him so hard that he wasn't even sure he had it in him to do one single shift at the bar.

But he needed the money.

As he clocked into his nine o'clock shift at the Midnight Stone, he was immediately called into the manager's office. Well, he liked to call it an office. In reality it was an unorganized room behind the bar, also acting as a coat room where the staff put their belongings at the beginning of a shift.

His manager sat at a small wooden desk, shuffling stacks of paper to make himself look busy. He was a short man with very little hair on his shiny head, and he was pretty sure he was going through a divorce judging by the way he sobbed in between breaks. However, Sam had to admit he wasn't a bad guy. He was often lenient with his shifts, and paid all his staff a decent wage.

Admittedly, he hadn't been the best employee recently. He had cancelled more shifts in the last month than in the entire year, so it was clear his manager wanted words. It was unlike Sam not to show up to work, as normally he was their best bar tender.

"Okay, Sam. I imagine you already know why I've called you in here," His manager, Mark, said.

Sam nodded, and he would have taken a seat but there wasn't one. It was a very cramped space. "I'm so sorry about not showing up to work. I've had a lot going on, which isn't a very good excuse but it's the only one I have," Sam apologised, a nervous breath escaping his lips. Was he going to lose his job?

"Don't worry. I'm going to give you one more chance, but if this continues I'm afraid I'll have to let you go," Mark told him sternly.

Nodding in understanding, Sam said, "I promise I'll be better. Thanks for understanding."

"And," His manager continued, pulling a drawer under the desk open. He retrieved a pamphlet and handed it to his employee, whose eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "This is for you. Your Midnight Stone family are here for you," He told Sam sincerely.

As he looked down at the pamphlet, he almost choked on oxygen, and he had to bite his tongue to stop himself from laughing.

"I-I'm not on drugs, Mark," Sam informed him, stifling a laugh.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, Sam," Mark assured him, standing up to place a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder. Out of the corner of his eye, the angel glanced at it and took a step back.

"Right." He pursed his lips. "I think I'll head out to the front. It's busy." He turned on his heels to leave the 'office', shaking his head to himself as he slipped the pamphlet into his back pocket.

"You can always talk to me," Mark called just as the door slammed shut.

"Fucking hell," Sam muttered to himself as he headed out to the bar. He really didn't lie when he said it was busy. It was packed full of people, and suddenly he was so aware that any of these people could be some creature from the magic realm. However, he never had any issues at work before, so he didn't understand why he was suddenly so on edge.

His dad tried to make him take his bow to work, but he told him the idea was insane. How the fuck was he supposed to take a weapon the size of his torso to work without it looking suspicious? And what would he do with it? He still refused to kill anyone, vampire or not.