30

My heart sank at the revelation.

Tatyana.

The same Tatyana that saved me from instant death and held me by the arms when I couldn't stand, was the daughter of Alister's greatest enemy.

Never in my life had I ever felt so stupid. The signs were right in front of me. Aside from her clear Russian accent, she was literally  locked in the Mancini Mafia's prison! Of course, I had been biased after what happened to me and it was no surprise that in that moment I had thought that everyone in that warehouse would have committed some small non-sensical crime, but I should have at least found out who she was before planning to run off with her into what I'm assuming is Siberia now.

Even with the new realization, I still couldn't help but feel an ounce of relief from the fact that she made it out alive. After all, without her I would still be down in that place, patiently awaiting the next round of torture that the guards planned.

"How does a weaponless girl manage to knock out a guard!" Alister hissed at the man on the other end. He was trying to keep his voice low for my sake but it was obvious he was beyond furious.

"I t-told you. The o-other guards s-say she had help, sir. The other one m-must have distracted the guard while the o-other managed to t-take him out."

My heart stopped at those words. No matter how much she had helped
me, deep down I knew she wouldn't have had a shot if I haven't whipped the guard from the back before he could...do what he was going to do...
And I told her about the elevator card. Who knows if she would have been able to escape the thousands of guards roaming the place without it.

But then I noticed something.

Alister was no longer staring at the phone in his enraged state, instead his suspicious eyes were now staring directly at me.

"Whoever it was they never left the castle. We have a witness claiming they saw the bitch escape, bit she was definitely alone. Don't worry, as soon as the guard wakes up and identifies the traitor, we will send them to you to take care of." The man no longer stumbled over his words as he spoke to Alister. He spoke in the common spike-chilling voice as he delivered his lines without a flicker of doubt.

The man's words floated around my head and my face must have been full of horror by that point.

"Sure you will." With those final words, Alister hung up the phone with his eyes never leaving mine.

He couldn't- no. He couldn't possibly know already. Right?

Alister's heated gaze left mine as he flicked his attention to the doctor.
"Leave us." He ordered, the threat eminent in his tone.

The doctor didn't have to be told twice as he was already sprinting out of the door.

Now we were alone.

I stared at him nervously as he slowly started to slowly approach the bed.

"How exactly did you manage to escape?" He asked, his tone hardening with every word.

I felt like I couldn't breath. He knew. Of course he would.

"T-the guard a-accidentally left the door o-open and I r-ran out." I lied through my teeth but deep down I knew it was no use.

"Do you really expect me to believe that it was just a coincidence that you somehow managed to escape the same time Tatyana Vasilyevova did?" He asked, his voice stayed calm but behind the frightening calmness that rested hidden in his voice, his tone gave off its dangerous aspect, making the conversation that much more panic-strickening.