39

Before Kedrick could even comprehend who was standing in front of him, Alister's grip roughly circled his neck to the point where he could hardly breath.

He slammed him against the wall, stopping only to grab Kamala away from him and into his arms before slamming the boy onto the floor and kicking his leg to the center of his throat.

His eyes were filled up with worry as they shifted over to Kamala. He could feel her soft breaths as she lay unconscious huddled up to his chest. The thought of knowing that she was alive managed to calm him down as he slowly pulled her closer to him.

But that was until he saw what was carved out in her leg.

His rage immediately resurfaced, now worse than before and all that Kedrick had no other choice than to hopelessly watch as Alister's foot made contact with his face. The abuse didn't stop there and the heel of his boot came crashing down on his eyes, blinding Kedrick indefinitely as he tried to crawl away. That didn't stop Alister as he delivered another blow into the stomach causing Kedrick to scream out in agony. Unbeknownst to him, his yells and begging only seemed to pleasure Alister more as he kicked him directly in the jaw. His vicious attacks came down on his ribs, his ruthless ways surely breaking them piece by piece.

Kedrick couldn't move anymore. His whole body felt broken and no matter how much he tried to fight the desperate pleads that were leaving his mouth, he couldn't help it. It was all he had left. To beg.

The sounds that were resurfacing from his mouth were no longer words. At that moment, the throbbing didn't allow him to speak reasonably any longer. The noise closely resembled howls of pain, almost animal-like.

Any single man would have left the boy alone after seeing the complete despairing and submissive state of defeat his body was curling up in, but Alister couldn't stop. He kept lunging into him again and again and again until Kedrick's body completely gave out.

He laid on the ground still without moving so much as a muscle. The blood was erupting from his face as it quietly dropped towards the ground, creating a red pool towering under him.

The sight of the scene was disgusting and would disturb anyone who walked by. Alister kept slamming his foot into the passed out defenseless boy, not at all satisfied with his sleeping form. He wanted him to see this. He wanted him to see him beg over and over again as he slowly crashed his skull.

The only thing that stopped him from ending him right there and then was the girl he held firmly in his arms. He had to take care of her first. She was more important.

He couldn't kill the chef. At least not yet. He still needed somebody to provide him with answers.

He clutched Kamala closer to his body as he looked for any more signs of injury. Her body seemed even lighter than last time and Alister did everything in his power to ignore the tight aching in his heart. He slowly moved his arms around her back to try and find the most comfortable position for her and softly started to move her towards the elevator.

He couldn't help but stare at her the whole journey up. His finger slowly caressed her cheek while as he recounted how lucky it was that he was going to search for her in that moment of time. If he hadn't come when he did, who knows what would have happened.

Alister would be lying if he said that he recognized the man that was carrying Kamala. For all he knew, he could have easily been helping her but at that time, all he saw was red.

Even as the elevator reached its destination, he still couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Whenever his eyes would meet a scar or a bruise that laid on her body he could feel all his senses stop and the anger coming back once again.