Chapter 2: Gossip of the Boys

Xavier walked into the training part of Devil's Circle fighting ring. He was one of the few famous fighters who got paid a lot of money to fight but rules of the circle you don't log in enough hours you lose your spot to fight on the schedule. They checked in and out through their phones, or they tell front desk they are there. The Training section was opened 24 hours and was huge with everything the human body could need or want to use. The best thing is it kept open not only for fighters but any other military or ex military soldiers. A place to destress and let loose some aggravations. The owner was a marine vet and now so is his son who has taken over. Xavier felt relaxed and at home here. This is where he and his friends made home and got peace.

"I was starting to think you weren't going to make it on time, because we all know I ain't ever early." Jaxon said taking his ear pieces out after he's already stretched. "Dude you need to get your friend to shut up about that cute little woman at that bakery, I'm about to shut him up myself." Axel said. "Ryder, is at it again? Ok well I'm going to stop that real quick." Xavier said. "Figured you would cuz we all know you like her don't know why you haven't made a move I think she would be good for you." Axel said. Axel wasn't only his cousin he was his best friend. "Ya, but that would mean he would have to tell her what he actually does for a living can't believe this chick still don't know who we are like seriously it's been what half of a year and this ain't exactly a big town." Jaxon said shaking his head.

"Beast, just the man I was looking for ok I looked up some material on spark notes on some of them books you and Jessie like to read because I want to ask her out this weekend and I don't want to sound as stupid as I really am. So can I talk to you about some of them since you actually read it?" You know dude you one of my best friends and normally I would but you ain't asking Jess out this weekend." Xavier said huskily. He wasn't sure why but he felt protective over here, hell you can call him possessive he didn't care he waited to long to finally come clean with his growing feelings for her and his friends knew even without him saying anything they weren't blind to him. He never took interest in any woman and could never take his eyes off her; and would talk about her and their conversations. He was a naturally quiet guy but he did like to talk about her.

"Why would that be she busy this weekend maybe we can all meet up with her little group?" "I'm going to be straight for you. You know how I feel about her. I know you got a crush on her but seriously dude she keeps turning you down. I need you to take the hint bro. Besides I already asked out this Friday and she said yes. I'm not going to say sorry, but I'm sorry if you feel hurt. But you've been trying for half of a year and she ain't biting on that hook you keep dangling it's past time to reel it in." Xavier said.

"You asked her out how the hell did that happen?" Jax asked all of them looking at him surprised gathering around him as he started lifting the weights with his legs. "You know how I go in the café." "You mean religiously only when you know she's working, I still can't believe Ms. Ellie tells you her schedule." Axel said chuckling. "Ya that ol woman love me we the sons she never got. Anyway well I made my small talk because I just really wanted to test the waters to see if she already had a man because not going to lie it was starting to kill me not being sure. Than out of no where Eric popped up and they got in some kind of argument and I think he won because she was starring at him with this type of fury." Xavier said looking at them because he was unsure how to say it.

Next thing I know I got this beautiful tiny woman marching up to me on a mission than when she got to me she was nervous as hell. It was sexy as hell. She told me she is intimidated by me and dudes it like my heart sunk in my chest, and it got tight thinking she was scared of me. I almost couldn't breath. However she wasn't intimidated by me personally but because she said an I quote I'm the most beautiful human being she has ever seen and she believes I'm too smart for her. Which we all know is a bunch crap, I never met or talked to any one more intelligent than she is besides Axel." They all chuckled but knew it was true. "So after she felt like she humiliated, and about to walk off I stopped her and told her I got feelings for her and asked her out. It was like she saw a ghost. I've never had this feeling before man it's like my heart can't stop smiling I don't know why I was stupid and waited this long." Xavier