Chapter 6

Her eyes opened and she felt a little pain on her wrapped arms in bandages, the bed was comfy and the pillow was cold so she probably slept for quiet long time. Her gaze travelled to her palms; less swollen than before and they weren't red anymore but some scratches were the reminder of her power decorating her hands just like her Family Seals.

She was dismissed with the condition of resting a couple of days until she was fully recovered, so missions were extremely forbidden but Principal Yaga wanted to have a talk with her before going to her dorm room.

"Did you want to see me?" The girl bows and looks at the principal, his well built body making him intimidating but his eyes irradiating confusion.

"What happened out there?" he crossed his arms as if trying to dodge any lie she was about to tell him.

"A cursed spirit trapped my classmate and I underground so I-"

"That's not what I'm talking about" he interrupted in a quiet voice, trying to sound comforting "I might not know your background as much as Inumaki, but for what I know, you shouldn't be this injured".

"The circumstances underground are not the same as the ones up here, I had to use all my senses by that moment and there was another life in the frontline. I did what I had to do" she replied nonchalantly, but with confident, she did the right thing.

"I see" whispered the principal scratching his beard "Fushiguro would have died if you had used all your potential" the student flinched but played it cool in a millisecond. Sometimes, the mere idea of her power terrifies her to the core.

"May I go to my dorm room?" Y/N asked politely but desperate to leave, she just wanted to rest.

"Sure, you're dismissed" Mr. Yaga shook his hand to show her she was allowed to leave the room.

On her way to her comfort zone she saw Inumaki leaning on a wall, probably waiting for her. His slowly steps leading him to her with a smile on his face and his phone on his right hand. She greeted him and received a bow from her friend, but then he raised his phone to her face.

How do you feel?

"I'm doing fine, Toge. I just need to rest for a couple of days and I'll be great" she smiled and so did he.

Your classmates are worried about you, I told them I was going to visit you at the nursery.

"I don't think I should go there, I honestly feel a little tired and the more I rest the better will be for myself. But please tell them that I'm doing fine" Inumaki looked at her for a few seconds trying to detect any lie in her words but he find none

What should I tell to Fushiguro-san? He told us what happened and he seemed a little guilty.

"That makes no sense, it's the spirit's fault, Fushiguro-san had nothing to do with this. I just couldn't handle the circumstances where we were but the four of us are alive, that's what matters" Y/N answered a little confused, why was her classmate taking all on him?

Do you want me to give him a message from you?

Y/N thought for a moment about what was about to do next, she doesn't know much about him and viceversa and even if during those moments people are supposed to comfort each other, there's a line that she doesn't feel comfortable on crossing yet; after all, the spoke more inside that cave than the five days she's been at the prefecture.

The problem of introverts

~

Inumaki placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled eyes-closed, he has known her for years and is aware of how loudly her silence can be, maybe as loud as Fushiguro's.