Chapter 37

There's a belief that people can appear in someone else's dream when they think about them deeply.

The idea to have the opportunity to visit someone in a world that doesn't exist sounds crazy and some find it stupid.

Until it happens to them.

Humans tend to forget what they have dreamed in less than a minute after they wake up, so some of us write those experiences down. Also, there's a superstition that we must talk about our nightmares before noon so they won't happen in real life.

Those experiences even if they're not real, feel so clear like it's actually happening to us.

So many questions regarding about that topic that not even science can't answer them for now.

Mind and Body can connect in a deeper way when we dream even if it's unconsciously.

And us; humans, hold on tight to that unconfirmed belief that we can somehow meet out beloved ones by just closing our eyes.

...

~

Everything was white, it was bright enough for her to see that she was in some sort of an empty place, there was nothing there but her. The sensation of having been there before was crawling on her skin.

She felt comfortable in that place, even if loneliness was something that terrified her.

She didn't felt like she was alone.

And she wasn't..

"Am I dreaming?" she spoke but her lips didn't move, as if her thoughts could now be heard outside her brain.

Walking slowly to get to now the place, she saw only white, it was warm; like a beautiful day with the right amount of sunshine.

Y/N was dreaming again, but this time she felt a strong presence in front of her, still giving her their back.

Slowly as if it was a ghost, a body was now a couple of meters away from her, the white around that body becoming a pitch black that made it hard for her to see them.

It seemed as if those shadows were consuming that person, but they didn't flinch or move at all; making her calm down since she thought they were in danger.

'What kind of dream is this?' was the only thing she thought over and over for minutes of silence until they spoke..

"Twelve years ago, I saw a man at the brink of death" spoke the person that was a silhouette "He was severely injured by a cursed spirit, and even if I wanted to save him; there was nothing I could do at that moment".

She listen to them carefully, it was a dream but it felt so real to her like she could just tap their shoulder.

It felt disrespectful for her to ask them questions because she didn't know them, so instead of interrupt the story; she just stood there to let them finish.

"I wanted to end the cursed spirit but it ran away, it gave me no time to act.. And yet.." they stopped talking, their rough voice cracking little by little "That man thanked me for trying".

Y/N didn't answer.

Whoever that person was, tried to hold back their anger, the powerless feeling of not being able to help someone and yet receiving a thank you for their effort, that amount of selfless and kindness; it was something that moved the heart of that silhouette in her dream.

"I watched them pass away; but, before leaving he talked to me about his family. He was so open as if I was a relative of his, I felt kind of jealous" the presence sit on the floor, breathing heavily remembering those moments "He took my hand and smiled at me for no reason, it was a genuine response of gratitude. He adopted me and welcomed me to his family".