Chapter 23

Fushiguro's mindset when he was younger was the same one as the creatures who put that Clan to an end, the L/Ns were too kind for their own good. Someone that it's too kind in this dark world would only find death at their door, because they would be reckless, a bunch of idiots that can't save a life.

Not even their own.

That was the idea the Sorcerers had, however; unlike the Zen'ins who only cared for their power and their pride, their image to the world, apathetic, distant, disrespectful to their own bloodline, looking down on their own girls and women.

A respected Clan for being one of the powerful three.

The sweet irony.

No matter how much they'd have tried, the L/Ns fate was always going to be the same one, it was too late for lamentations and tears, no one can undo the past, specially to something as natural as death.

We are all living different yet reaching the same goal.

We all want to be happy.

The L/Ns weren't cowards, accepting their death is by no means an example of their weakness, because death is something we will all get at some point.

Death knows it's going to win soon or later, so it gifts us a life to enjoy for now, to live, to fail, to accomplish, to learn, to avoid, to forget and forgive.

The L/Ns accepted the unavoidable, leaving their last heiress to be free from their mistakes, that last one was going to grow away from them to see the world as it was, to learn on their own because that was what they wanted. That was what her parents wanted.

They weren't too kind for their own good.

The world was too dark and evil for them.

Lots of humans but no humanity at all

Several wounds at different levels, loss of blood, an angry Nitta, a new finger and reverse curse technique sessions for fifteen minutes.

Four students alive.

Both missions: accomplished

Itadori, Kugisaki and Fushiguro were in their respective rooms, they could walk and talk but if they did it for a while they'd have a headache so for now they just had to rest; however they decided to gather at Itadori's to have dinner.

Someone often glancing at the door in case the fourth student joined them.

She never came.

A knock on the door startled one of them but they tried to keep it cool, once Kugisaki opened the door they could see Principal Yaga's face who went to check on them.

It was the usual report, the three of them sharing valuable information about the curses they encountered and the adult asking about their well-being and to take the next day off for Gojou to arrive. Suddenly Itadori decided to ask about Y/N's health and whereabouts.

He hesitated but decided to share the information he knew according to Nitta's statement.

~

"L/N-chan took down a special grade curse on her own, despite her conditions her body seems to be taking it well; Shoko-san will take care of her and so she'll have some time to rest"

~

There were three shocked faces in that room, one more worried that the other two; after a few words from the principal they seemed to relaxed a little and to not disturb her for now which they nodded respectfully.