Chapter 10

They quickly –too quickly for Drako's liking– arrived in front of a small chalet. The past Destroyer observed the skeleton father open the door, getting out of the way to let him walk in first. "What a gentleman." Drako rolled his eyes. 'That's all you have to say?'

Psyche seemed offended, but he knew they weren't. "Hey, I'm just a Voice, let me make some comments at least!"

Now, he would have laughed if he was alone, but a single look toward the two children in his arms reminded him that he was in fact not alone. Now he understood how complicated it would be to discuss with Psyche. He should have found a cavern and stayed as an hermit. Or perhaps his Anti-Void. "If you did that, maybe those children would have died. We're not certain that Gaster could have saved them himself."

He hated that Psyche was right, and that he wouldn't trade saving them for his tranquility. He sighed and nodded toward Gaster as a 'thank you', entering the chalet with the tall skeleton behind him. He closed the door while Drako turned around to face him. He knew he could take him down if needed, and could sense that Gaster wasn't planning to attack him, but he couldn't help but being on alert. It wasn't his fault; eons of fights and suffering do that to someone.

The Gaster –perhaps he should just call him Gaster since he was the first Gaster he met in this Multiverse?– gestured him to take a sit in one of the sofa nearby and, with a sigh, he obligated, never taking his eyes off the tall adult, who sat in front of him. "So... You're a dragon too?"

"I ThInK yOu SaW tHe AnSwEr By YoUrSelF. I'M gUeSsInG YoU AlSo ArE oNE SInCE It'S tHe SeCoND tIme You SaY 'ToO', aNd ThAT'S tHe ReAsOn YoU WaNtEd Me To FoLLoW yOu." Gaster nodded, making him hum softly. He wasn't surprise, honestly. And it explained why Psyche didn't scream at him when he changed of form in front of him. Little bastard knew he was the other one. "Why, thank you. And of course I did. I told you you would meet him at some point after all."

"Do you, perhaps, know others like us? Your parents maybe...?" Drako paused for a few seconds. Destiny and Karma were established to be his new parents, and they did give him this dragon side, which means they could have one if they wanted to... But it probably didn't count, Gaster wouldn't meet them and that probably was what he wanted. "No. I'M AlOnE."

He could see the scientist –was he even a scientist in the universe?– shift slightly, clearly uncomfortable. He definitively didn't expect this answer, and only murmured a little 'O-Oh...' in response. "YoUr SoNs CaN ChANgE ForMs?" Gaster shook his head.

"No, they can't. Sans was born as a dragon and didn't show any sign of being able to take another form, and Papyrus was born as a skeleton and didn't show any sign either. Quite honestly, I thought I was the last of our kind. Perhaps, if they have children, some might have this capacity, but they are way too young and I'll maybe dust before seeing my grandchildren."

Drako looked at the children, seeming deep in thought. It was true, their children might be able to change form, but will they even have children? Considering that the Monsters aren't underground, there shouldn't be Resets, and therefore maybe they will actually be able to live freely? He could only wish them that. "O-Oh I didn't introduce myself! I'm Winding Gaster, and who are you young man?"

Drako could only cringe at being called 'young man'. He was eons old for Toby Fox's sake! "My NaMe Is DrAkO." Gaster nodded. "It's nice to do your acquaintance." It was Drako's turn to nod. "LiKeWIsE."

Then they were both silent, making the situation clearly uncomfortable for both of them. But Drako saw the way Gaster was looking at his scars with a pained expression, clearly wanting to ask questions but not daring to. Drako sighed, rubbing tiredly his nasal bone with one hand, keeping the two Babybones –could Sans be considered a Babybone, considering he was a dragon and not a skeleton?– close to him with the other, as to not wake them up. "AsK YoUr QuEStIoNS."