Chapter 32

The rest of the month was quite uneventful. The four brothers accompanied Gaster at the lab a few times, terrorizing the Rat at every visit they made while befriending the other coworkers, who could only thank Toby Fox for not being targeted by them. His baby-sitter did give them the footage of her week with him, and it was hilarious to watch. He acted like a child most of the time and was often scolded by the Cat Monster –who was scaring him, even if he adamantly denied it–. Absolutely ridiculous. They loved it.

They also spent more time with the Princes and their parents, who seemed to grow to like them at a surprisingly fast pace. Not like they cared, they were just random faces in their AU, nothing too important, despite their title. The only persons who truly mattered were the ones in their family. Granted, those Goat Monsters and their adopted son, along with Buttercup –for they didn't personally met Asgore and Toriel's dragons– were endearing and they would be lying if they said that they didn't grew a little attached to them, but unless their family asked them to, they wouldn't particularly fight for them. They weren't essential in their lives.

Talking about the King and the Queen, they kept their promise and sent patrols all around the continent to try and catch those imaginary scientists. Of course, they didn't find them, but they did arrest a few more Humans capturing dragons do to horrible things to them, so the patrols weren't entirely useless. Sadly for Blade, who wanted to commit arson on them, the guards caught them and punished them accordingly, following their rulers' orders. They weren't sure about it but the skeleton family doubted they were still alive. If they were, they were officially banned from the continent or in prison. Oh well, less trash in this universe, great. It wasn't UnderFell after all.

They also trained a bit with their magic and played with their younger brothers, who were quite happy to spend some time with the oldests of the family. They also went on full conversations with animals and dragons, which was a bit weird for them but not particularly unpleasant. Quite the opposite actually; it was rather nice.

Demise and Blade finally learned how to switch between dragon speech and 'normal' –they weren't sure how to call it– speech, after a bit of practice with Drako and Gaster. It still sounded weird for them, but now they could insult people without them knowing. Yes, they only wanted to learn that to talk shit about the Rat without him knowing. Let's just say that strangely enough he started sneezing a lot since then, surprisingly.

Drako wasn't forced to eat since he already suffered once during the month. He was quite happy to be spared. For once, there was maybe a bit of mercy for him.

They also checked on the rest of the Multiverse through one-way portals. Everyone was panicking since nobody knew where they were nor what they were doing, making everyone imagine the worst, while they were just spending time in their AU. It was fun to see. The only thing that was sure was that Cross' chocolate stash continued to be stolen from and the monochrome skeleton was tired of this. He tried to put cameras to catch his thief in action but Drako just turned them off with his magic. He also tried to place traps but it wasn't enough to catch Drako. Trying to keep watch of the precious chocolate somehow didn't work either. Cross was starting to think that this little Error was sneakier than his adult counterpart, and he didn't like that at all.

Drako also trained a bit more with Blue's Blaster Hammer and Killer's dagger, since he wasn't used to fight with physical weapons. His attacks were only magical usually, so it was a surprising change for him. Of course, he already used weapons; he used knives when he was training the Charas, for example. But it wasn't exactly the same, and most of the time those weapons were only temporary, so he didn't really get to get used to them.

Of course, Torment was his sparring partner; he was the only person in the Dragontale that could actually put up a fight with the ex-Destroyer after all. Evidently, they ended up with a few injuries, since none of them held back, knowing that it wasn't necessary. For them, it was nothing, but it made their father panic completely. They could only stare and laugh awkwardly at Gaster panicking over their injuries and forcing them to sit while he was healing them.