Epilogue

Edwin

I finally did it. I took the advice of my loved ones and made changes in my life, which I have now seen over time as my best decisions. I learned to share my trust and entrust half of the things to experts and not only get rid of the burdens I had on my shoulders for many years, but most importantly I gained more time for myself, Mia and building a relationship with my father.

It took me a long time to even figure out what life was supposed to be about, but I'm glad I still figured it out. And I could be grateful to Mia for all that. A woman who had the kindest heart and angel's gaze, a patience that could compete with the whole holy church in heaven, and a woman who could deliver love, happiness, and joy wherever she looked.

I was extremely happy and enjoyed every moment spent with her. At first I was afraid that it was just a dream that would end one day, but as the days went by, Mia was able to get rid of this uncertainty. She taught me patience, enjoying the ease of life, perceiving its beauty, being grateful for every little thing, and most importantly, taught me to trust people.

And that's why the idea of marriage bothered me more and more often, even though I hadn't decided yet. Above all, I loved Miu, and even though I knew that by asking for my hand I would make her the happiest woman in the world, something in my head still kept me going.

If I got married, would my life have changed dramatically or not? After thinking for a while, however, I came to the conclusion that more, I guess it would not even be possible. He changed for me half a year ago, when Miu managed to persuade her to move in with me after many months.

Even then, I renounced my freedom and especially my loneliness, and I had to admit that I got home thanks to Mia. A real home, which radiated warmth, joy and especially love. Thanks to her tender feeling, my apartment has also changed from a cold and impersonal space into a harmonious and lovingly completed piece of home.

I even accepted the change in my apartment with enthusiasm. I took it as tangible evidence of a new beginning or faith in the two of us. Colorful paintings hung on the walls, above our fireplace were our common photos from Dubai, which I always liked to look at and remember the good old days. Orchids bloomed on the windowsills and, of course, each of a different color, because Mia adored the color, which was even reflected in my wardrobe. My white shirts have been dwindling lately, and once I asked Mia about it, of course, her answer didn't disappoint me. It is said that the washing machine was responsible for this, inadvertently eating them. Her humor helped me overcome difficult times. It was an unpaid remedy for my torn soul.

I became closer to my father than ever before, and also to his girlfriend Tessa, and every time I saw them together, I had to marvel at how happy they were together. And I longed for such happiness more and more.

I even managed to find the strength within myself to finally be able to forgive my mother for leaving us with my father. This step practically deprived me not only of my childhood but also of the illusion that a union of two people can also be a blessing. I make no secret of the fact that I have always perceived my mother as a gold digger who wanted to get into higher circles across the bed. In fact, I somehow perceived all the women until Mia opened my eyes and my hardened heart and mind.

Suddenly I wanted to take my relationship with Mia to the next level. I wanted to marry her and live with her according to all the rules. I felt that I was already mature for this step and quite old, but as always, I did not find the courage in this direction to ask her directly. I even bought a ring.

But even in this, Mia helped me a lot, although she had no idea. We sat outside in an embrace on our terrace, enjoying perhaps one of the last warm evenings of the ending summer, when Mia spilled it on me after a day of nervousness overwhelmed her.