i. ROOMMATES

"One hundred years ago, in 1859, 41 students sat in this room and were asked the same question that greets you at the start of each semester. Ladies and Gentlemen, what are the four pillars?" The question released from the headmaster's lips boomed and echoed through the hall. All of the students stood up and chanted in unison. 

"Tradition. Honor. Discipline. Excellence." The headmaster continued. 

"In her first year, Welton Academy graduated five students. Last year we graduated fifty-one," there was applause, "and more than seventy-five percent of those, went on to the Ivy League. This kind of accomplishment is the result of fervent dedications to the principles taught here." Mr. Nolan paused. "As you know, our beloved Mr. Portius of the English department retired last term. You will have the opportunity later to meet his replacement, Mr. John Keating, who for the last several years, has been teaching at the highly regarded Chester School, in London." The rest of Mr. Nolan's speech was the same as it had been the last four years.

................................................................................................................................................................

You were exceptionally nervous about starting your junior year at hell-ton. Not only was it supposed to be the hardest of all the years, you would have to be staying on the boys' dormitory floor. You looked down, trying to see the piece of paper in your hand almost invisible beneath the three suitcases you were carrying.

ROOMMATE: KNOX OVERSTREET; FLOOR 2/ CORRIDOR 7

Because you would be staying in this particular corridor, it meant you would have all of the same classes as the other boys in your corridor. Girls and boys were strictly separated at Welton, but since your father was an Alumni and a donor to the school, they made an exception. That exception made it so you would have to do everything with the boys, except for the trek up to the third floor to use the girls' bathrooms. Because girls and boys had always been separated, you didn't know Knox, or any boys for that matter. You worried about the start of the new year all the way up to the second floor. When you got there, most of the boys were greeting each other. The teachers were never around while the students found their way to their dorms. You found your way to your dorm at the end of the corridor.

KNOX OVERSTREET & Y/N Y/L/N.

You opened the door, relieved to see Knox hadn't arrived yet. You went to your side of the room and began slowly unpacking your things. You set your desk up neatly, folded your clothes and put them under the bed. You felt like you were missing things you swear you had packed. They was a knock at the door. Reluctantly, you opened it slowly. The boy on the other side of the door gawked at you. He stuck out his hand

"H-Hi you must be Y/N, nice to meet you I'm Knox Overstreet." You could tell he was nervous, but he was trying not to show it. Why on earth would he be nervous in front of you of all people.

"Yes, nice to meet you, Knox," you took his hand and shook it politely. You noticed one of your small suitcases in his hand along with his own.

"Oh, this was left outside the room, is it yours?" he asked. You nodded and he handed it to you.

"Thank you," you said. He came into the room and quietly set up his books. You were glad he wasn't messy. 

"I'm guessing you don't know any of the guys here, huh?" He tried to strike up a conversation.

"Just you," you replied.

"Do you want to come meet some of my friends, they're really great, I think they'll like you." You were surprised he asked, but excited.