001 | Intimidating at first

"I desire you so much that I believe I might lose my reason. My body yearns for yours, and I crumble every single time you touch me. I've tried to be stronger but the memory of you inside me burns me. No man has ever made me feel the way you did. Whether you believe me or not, I will cherish that unforgettable moment for the rest of my life."
–Chris Lange

"–Chris Lange

༺♥༻

KIM

This feeling is indescribable,all the stress and anxiety is gone,I graduated from university.I have always tried to do my best,always tried to make my parents proud.I think they are proud of me,I really hope they are.

We live in a small town, so the opportunities here are not the best,I have been trying to convince my mom to move away so I can find a job easier.But the fact is,my mom is sick,she can't move out from this small city and I don't want to leave her.I know she won't be on her own but I'm still worried about her.

As I walked into the kitchen to get her a cup of green tea I got a phone call. Sadie?I haven't heard from her since high school.

"Sadie,hi omg how are you doing?"

"Kim,hi I heard about your degree and I thought I would give you a call.Congratulations you finally finished university."She said and I start scratching my arm.I have really dry skin and it became a habit of mine to scratch it.

"Yeah I did and thank you so much but what about you?How's work going?" I asked and continued making my mother's tea.

"It's pretty good I even got a promotion" She said and I could hear the joy in her voice. "Wow congratulations,we should meet up sometimes because I haven't seen you since high school."

"Sure thing let's meet tomorrow? Can you come to the capital?" She asked and I said I could.We said our goodbyes and I brought my mom the tea.I told her and my dad that I'm leaving town tomorrow but just to meet an old friend.

Maybe I'll look around the capital to find a job.Time flew by and I was already in bed.Before I went to bed I watched something on Netflix so I could get more tired.
...

I got in my car and drove to the restaurant that Sadie mentioned.Washington DC is about 180 miles away which is almost 4 hours from Virginia,so if I get a job there I might move there too.Still I don't want to leave my family,but there's a first time for everything right?

As I parked my car I already saw her waving to me.She hasn't changed since then,she is still that cheerful person I knew back then.

I met Sadie when I was looking for a part-time job.My mom needed money for an operation and we didn't have the money for it so I took 'action'.She offered me a job in a small flower shop,better than nothing.

"Kim,long time no see" She said hugging me.I smiled and hugged her back.We sat down and started chatting.She must be in her mid twenties,does she have kids? "I was really surprised when you called me,we didn't really talk." I said and took a sip of my tea.

I know everyone loves coffee but I'm not a big fan of it so I always stick to tea.Not green tea or mint tea though,I don't like those.

"Yeah,you know I was worried about you.When we met your mother was in a bad condition and I haven't heard from you.Is everything okay?" She asked and I could see in her eyes that she was really worried about me,about my family.

"Well uhm,the surgery went well but she is still sick.The doctors said there's nothing they can do,she is taking her pills but sometimes I catch her skipping meals."

"I'm really sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how you feel right now."

"I looked around in VA but with my degree I can't really find any suitable jobs.I thought about skipping one year and maybe work as a shop assistant.I want to take care of myself so my dad can take care of my mom when I'm not around."I said and I really didn't mean to sound like I needed the biggest help in the world but I feel like I could tell her all my problems and she would listen.

"Then I guess today is your lucky day.We are looking for rookies for our new campaign, a few people who have good communication skills and can present.I immediately thought of you,I know you studied this.Are you interested?" She asked smiling and I had to hug her again,she is offering me a job again,she is helping me again.

I can't be grateful enough.I know this is not a full time job and I probably wouldn't even be able to work there long term but it's still something.

"Oh my god yes I am,you don't know how much this means to me." I said and she smiled.She said we can drive to her job and I can sign up.This is all happening too fast,I need to calm down and think about it.

When we finished our drinks we walked up to our cars and I followed her as we drove to her workplace. After like 10 minutes we stopped in front of a huge building.

"Thi- So this is where you're working?" I asked admiring the place.Wow just like in the movies.It looks so modern,I can't count how many floors are there but it must be more than 20.Beautiful windows and glassy doors.The color of the building is between white and indicolite.A huge parking place in front of it and it's surrounded with flowers.This place is a dream place to work at oh my god,gorgeous.

"Yup I work here as a marketing manager.There are different jobs here and there is our boss.Let me tell you something before we go in." She said and I suddenly got nervous.

"Don't be afraid of the boss,he might look a little intimidating at first but he is cool" She smiled and grabbed me gently by the arm.Intimidating?? I can't handle situations like this well and I'm afraid of embarrassing myself in front of everyone.

I remember back in high school we got a new teacher and before she came in the classroom there were rumors about her.The classic bitchy teacher who will purposely fuck with you.They said she is intimidating and she has the look of a killer.I wanted to laugh when I eavesdropped them.

How would a single person scare the hell out of you?I thought.I relaxed when she walked in and everyone in the classroom went silent and her loud steps could be heard from miles away.She really did look intimidating.

We entered the building and inside it was even nicer.I am a slut for modern buildings.I might just come here everyday to admire this place.A few people came up to Sadie and greeted her.I already feel left out and I don't even work here.Am I wearing an invisible clothing or what because they act like I am not even here.

People in front of Sadie walked away and she stiffened.

"Oh Mr.Collins" Sadie said letting go of my arm and bowed.What's going on here? I looked up and saw - holy shit.