33

Harley's POV
(5 days since Xander left)

"It feels good to be back in the dorm." I sigh, falling back onto my bunk bed. Brooke, Rachel, and Tessa were spread out on their beds, either reading or dozing off.

"It's nice having you back." Rachel hummed.

"Not really." Tessa stood up from her bed. "And since you refuse to shut the fuck up, I'm leaving." She hissed. "It's no wonder the boss hadn't come back. "Your annoying voice chased him away." She muttered. She trailed on, mumbling as she walked out of the room.

"Gosh, she's gotten unbearable these last couple of days." Rachel scoffed.

"Maybe we should invite her upstairs to watch a movie with us," I suggested. Perhaps Tessa just needs girl time and some cuddles. Maybe she needs a heart-to-heart. I haven't been trying my best to get along with her, and maybe it was time.

"It's not a terrible idea." Rachel shrugged. "I doubt she'd come if you ask her."

"Then I pass on the responsibility of inviting her to you," I said to Rachel.

"I'm glad we've brought this up. Enough with the romcoms. Let's watch something else tonight." Brooke said. "Let's watch 365 days or all the fifty shades of grey movies. I want to see some rough stuff." She groaned out dramatically.

"We can't mare, Harley's innocent mind." Rachel said. "If you want to watch that weird stuff, watch it alone."

"Hey," I said. "I'm not a kid. I can watch-that-it-I can watch!" I struggled to word my sentence correctly. Brooke smirked, and Rachel cocked her head to the side like she was saying, "yeah, right." I didn't think I was innocent. Sure, I'd never done anything before, and I had only just kissed someone for the first time a couple of days ago, but I wasn't unaware of how sex happened. I was a late bloomer but becoming friends with Avery had its benefits. She taught me stuff I didn't know before. Plus, she told me all about her personal sexual adventures in great detail so "I could be prepared." I just laughed at her stories most of the time because they always ended with her walking out mid hookup. She wasn't easily impressed.

"Then it's settled. Harley isn't too innocent to watch women be tied up and spanked by dangerously attractive guys, so we can watch both movies tonight. Back to back." Brooke clapped her hands together and stood up to celebrate.

"I'll be joining as well," Pedro says, leaning against our bedroom door. I didn't even know he was standing there.

"With drinks, I hope." After getting off the phone with Xander last time, I puked my guts out all over the bathroom. Julian laughed at me naturally then I went to bed with a major headache and major heartache. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry after that phone call. He sounded so cold. Colder than he's ever spoken to me. I don't know what I expected from him, but it wasn't that. I wasn't sure why I assumed after a kiss he'd magically treat me differently. I can't even imagine how many women Xander has kissed and slept with, so for him, our kiss was just a kiss. It wasn't special; it wasn't magical; it was just a kiss. I overanalyzed and set my expectations so high, which only ended up hurting me. I wanted him to want me. How pathetic, I chuckled to myself. I wanted him to want me as bad as I wanted him. Xander had an interest in me but clearly not as much as I have for him. My feelings for Xander are unexplainable and irrational, but they are so strong. They become stronger and stronger as the days go on, and it's scary. It's scary because despite everything, despite him leaving and not speaking to me for this long, my feelings haven't changed for him.

A heavy pain settled in my chest. I haven't been doing anything these last couple of days besides sleeping. However, I think the sleeping was only making me feel more depressed.