Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: Jaden's new song is so good! I can't wait for his album.

Davina's POV
Tomorrow is the day Jaden, Josh, and I go back to LA. Mom asked me to go get some groceries from the store so that's what I was doing.

"I can go with you if you want." Jaden said to me as I walked outside.

"No it's fine lovely. Someone needs to stop Josh from burning down the house." I said getting into my car.

He chuckled while closing the car door for me. I rolled down the window and he bent down to my level.

"Text me when you get there so I know you're safe." He said leaning in and pecking my lips.

"I will. I love you."

"I love you."

I pulled out of the driveway and he walked back inside.

I parked on the side of the building when an alert went off on my phone. I got out of the car and pulled out my phone.

Local prison inmate, Tristan Jones, has escaped. He's 6 feet tall. Blue eyes and brown hair. Be careful he might be armed. If seen please contact the authorities.

My heart dropped. I quickly went to Jaden's contact but before I could click call everything went black.

Jaden's POV
Josh and I were scrolling through the channels on TV to find something to watch when Ella walked in.

"Hey can you turn on the news real quick please?"

"Yeah sure."

I changed it to the news before grabbing my phone. I was starting to get a little worried because Davina hasn't called me and it's been almost 20 minutes but the store is only 12 minutes away. I called her. No answer.

I checked her Life 360 but her location was off, maybe her phone is dead.

"Local prison inmate, Tristan Jones, has escaped. He's 6 feet tall. Blue eyes and brown hair. Be careful he might be armed. If seen please contact the authorities."

My eyes immediately shot up to the TV. There he was. Tristan's mugshot. I could see Ella's eyes fill with worry and Josh's face dropped. I called Davina again. No answer.

"She's not answering!" I said as my head started to fill with the worse possibilities.

I ran outside with Josh beside me. I jumped into my car with Josh and sped off towards the store. I was there in under 10 minutes. I saw Ella's car, the one Davina was driving, and I pulled in right beside it. I jumped out. Right in front of the car were her keys and wallet just laying there.

I ran my hands through my hair in anger and frustration as my eyes began to fill with tears.

"Where could he have taken her?" Josh asked quietly as a tear fell down his cheek.

⚠️Sexual Assault, Abuse⚠️

Davina's POV
My eyes slowly opened. I was in a dark room. I was sitting in a chair. My ankles were tied to it. My wrists were tied together behind me. I looked around and immediately recognized where I was. Tristan's basement. The house he used to live in before he went to jail. His parents were so ashamed and embarrassed that they packed up there stuff and left. Abandoning the home.

I saw the basement door open and some light crept in before Tristan made his way down the stairs. My heart stopped at the sight of his face.

"Well well it's been a long time." He said with a smirk.