Chapter Twenty-Nine

Davina's POV
We had just gotten to my apartment after coming back from Tennessee. I haven't talked about what happened in the basement but to be honest I have barely talked at all. I also kept my hoodie on so Jaden couldn't see the bruises on my neck. It was around 11pm. Jaden went to place my bags in my room while I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and bottle of whiskey.

"Nope that's not happening." Jaden said walking in to the kitchen.

I pulled the bottle towards me as he went to grab it.

"Darling, please."

I sighed before handing him the bottle.

He reached his hand up to put the bottle away and I flinched slightly. I really wish he didn't notice but he did. His face completely dropped and a frown appeared on his face.

"Davina...."

"I don't want to talk about it." I said walking quickly out of the kitchen.

"Darling please talk to me."

I walked into my bedroom. I let out a breath that I was holding in. Jaden came in right behind me.

"Please talk to me. I'm here for you." He said grabbing my hand.

He turned me around. He placed his hands on the sides of my neck which knocked down my hoodie.

"Please love. Talk to me."

I saw his eyes fall down to my neck. A frown reappeared on his face and tears filled my eyes. Even thought it wasn't my fault, I still felt guilty that I kissed another dude that wasn't Jaden. Especially since he didn't know about it.

"I am always here for you so please talk to me. I don't want you to bottle up your emotions because it's just gonna hurt more later."

A few tears fell down my face and he gently wiped them away with his thumbs.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest. He slid down the wall still holding me tight in his arms. I told him every single thing that happened.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let him kiss me."

"Darling. That was not your fault. If anything it makes me even madder at him which I didn't think was possible. You never have to apologize for something that happened to you."

He let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry for not being there when I should have been."

"I'm the one who told you stay."

He let out a deep sigh while making his grip around me tighter.

"I promise love I'll always be there for you and this won't happen again. You don't deserve it. Well to be honest no one does."

I pulled away and looked up at him. I put my hands on the sides of his face and connected our lips. It felt good to tell someone so I wouldn't be left alone with the thoughts. After I pulled away, I laid my head back against his chest and got comfortable. I was so happy to be back in his presence.

The next few days weren't the best but Jaden made them a bit easier. I felt uncomfortable and insecure in my body. I felt gross to be honest. Tomorrow we go and do the whole live thing for Jimmy Kimmel. I should be more excited for this. It's a huge opportunity but I couldn't get Tristan out of my head.

I was currently sitting in my bed with my knees pulled up to chest, overthinking big time. Jaden was asleep next to me with an arm around my waist.

He always told me to wake him up if I started to feel like this but I couldn't. I didn't want to ruin his excitement for tomorrow.

"He's too good for me.......He deserves better.....He deserves someone prettier......Why is he with me.......He deserves someone who's more emotionally available than me.....He deserves someone that has normal problems not a psycho ex, a dad that abandoned them, and that tries to solve all their problems with alcohol...."

Those were the thoughts that ran through my head. I tried my best to push them out of my mind. I slid back down by him. Jaden let out a groan and got closer to me.

I was restless the rest of the night. Before I knew it, it was 8am and Jaden was waking up.

He let out a groan before opening his eyes and looking at me with a smile.

"Good morning darling."

"Good morning lovely."

He must have noticed the look on my face because he immediately asked me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing it's fine." I said trying to fake a smile the best I could.

He saw straight through me.

"Davina."

"I promise I'm fine." I said placing a hand on the side of his face and connecting our lips.

"Mhm."

The performance went great. We finished it all today. It was supposed to be released on the 6th which is two days from now.

"So now can you tell me what was wrong this morning?" He said as we walked into my apartment.

"I was fine."

He cocked his eyebrow at me. I knew I couldn't lie to him.

"Ok ok I was overthinking."

"About?"

I paused before saying, "You"

"Me? Why?"

I paused for a little bit before saying, "Why are you with me? You deserve so much better."

Before he could respond I walked into the kitchen.

"Davina." He walked right in behind me into the kitchen.

"I'm going to order food what do you want? I'm in the mood for Chinese. I'm going to order Chinese." I said making sure I didn't make eye contact with him.

"Davina." He said grabbing my face and making me look at him.

I had a sad expression on my face and so did he.

"Davina. I'm with you because you are my best-friend. I'm with you because I'm in love with you. I'm with you because you make me the happiest person alive. I'm with you because you can make me smile just by walking in a room. I'm with you because you make me laugh when I am at my lowest. I'm with you because no matter what happens, you are always in my corner. I'm with you because you believe in me. I'm with you because I genuinely think we are soulmates. And I'm with you because you are you."

While he was saying this, tears were falling down my face. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso and buried my head in his chest.

"I'm sorry. I just feel like you deserve better."

He pulled away putting his hands on the sides of my face again.

"Hey. I love you. I want you."

"But I just feel li-"

"Davina. I love you."

"I love you." I said as I connected our lips for a moment.

"I'm sorry I let my thoughts get to me." I said pulling away.

"You don't have to apologize darling.....now how about that Chinese."

A/N: Thanks for 9k views!