Drink up

"Bryce! I'm home." I call out as I walk into the house. I entered through the door leading out to the garage since I parked my car in there. After a few minutes of no answer I turn to my boyfriend Chase. "I'm guessing he's not home." I shrug.

I grab his hand and make my way through the kitchen. I jump slightly, stopping abruptly as I see Josh appear out of nowhere.

"Well, well, well look who is home late." He says looking down at me. I roll my eyes at him and let go of Chase's hand.

"By what half an hour. Big deal, can you please get out of the way. Chase and I are going up to my room." I tell him.

As I mention my boyfriends name Josh's eyes snap over to him. He narrows his eyes for a second then looks back at me and scoffs.

"No can do Brooks." He shakes his head. "Bryce won't be happy about you and wannabe Ken over there being in your room." He adds looking down at me.

"Josh I don't have time for this. I have to study before we leave." I try pushing him gently so he can move but he doesn't budge.

"Brooklyn your brother..." he starts to say in a serious tone.

"My brother doesn't care if I have a boy over. I already talked to him. You both know we're dating so there's no problem. Bryce is okay with Chase coming over." I interrupt before he can continue.

He sighs pulling me off to the side and walking up to Chase. "No funny business got it." He says glaring down at Chase since Chase is shorter than Josh.

"Maybe just a little funny business." Chase smirks looking up at Josh and winking. Before Josh can respond I hear multiple cars pull into the driveway meaning Josh's guys are here.

And by guys I mean the guys part of his mafia.

I grab Chase's hand and pull him towards the stairs nudging him hard as we make our way to my room. "What I was only joking. You can't tell me that wasn't funny." He says.

"Chase, Josh already doesn't like you. Don't make things worse by taunting him." I shake my head. When we get to my room I open the door and let him in first closing the door after I walk in.

He sits down on my bed as I walk over to the desk in my room and sit down. I take out my school work and start to work on my homework. Chase lays on my bed scrolling through his phone as I study and do my homework.

"So tomorrow's our 2 year anniversary." He says suddenly. I look up from my computer and look over at him. "Yeah it is." I nod.

There's a knock on my door and I turn to look at who walks in as it opens. "Hey little B." Cooper one of Josh's guys says walking into my room. "Coop." I smile getting up and walking over to hug him.

"Let me guess your Josh's spy for the night?" I ask him. He laughs softly and shakes his head. "Bryce will be home late today. The rest of the guys and I are going out to dinner. Do you want us to wait for you?" He asks.

"No. There's actually a party going on tonight and I'm going so I won't be home. Don't worry though I already ran it through Bryce and he's fine with me going." I tell him.

He nods and walks back towards the door. "Alright I'll let Josh know your passing on dinner. Be safe I'll see you when you get back home." Cooper says smiling.

He's always been easy to get along with. All of Josh's guys are fun and easy to get along with but I'm closer to Cooper. "Don't wait up though I'll probably be home late." I say.

I hear him chuckle as he walks out leaving the door half open. I turn to look at the clock and see it's already 7:30pm. "Im going to start getting ready." I tell Chase.