Brookyln and I are dating

-Josh's POV-

I watch as Brooklyn walks upstairs. Hearing the pain in her voice and seeing the hurt in her eyes was making me want to rip Chase's head off. I look down at my hands and notice they're gripping the counter hard. I sigh out loud letting go of the counter and take my mind off it. I never liked Chase but I always kept my mouth shut because Brooklyn looked happy with him.

"What are you doing up?" I hear someone ask me. I turn around and see Bryce standing there looking at me with an eyebrow raised. "What are you doing up?" I ask him.

"I woke up thirsty and came downstairs to get a water bottle." He shrugs walking over to the kitchen. "You're turn." He adds as he grabs the water bottle.

"I was up and I heard Brooklyn come home." I tell him. "Brooklyn's home?" He asks me. "Yeah she got home a little while ago." I nod. "I should go see how  the party was." He says starting to walk towards the kitchen door.

"Don't." I call out. He stops and looks at me. "Why?" He ask confused. "She wants to be alone right now. She needs the night to herself." I say.

"Why? What happened to Brooklyn. Is she okay?" He asks worried. "She's okay. Don't worry it's not as bad as what you're probably thinking. She broke up with her boyfriend." I say leaning against the counter.

Without realizing it my hands ball up into fists again. "I'm assuming you know why?" He says looking at my hands. I nod looking down at my hands and opening them up sliding them into my pocket.

"Yeah I do but it's not my place to tell you. Don't worry though I'm sure she's going to tell you tomorrow." I tell him.

He sighs and leans forward against the kitchen island. I could tell he was pissed off by the look in his eyes. "Bryce I need to talk to you about something involving your sister and I." I tell him.

He quickly looks up at me and stands up straight. "I'm listening." He says. "Brooklyn is hurt and she wants to get back at Chase for what he did so I decided to help her and came up with a plan." I say looking at him.

I make sure to be on the other side of the kitchen before I continue. Bryce may be my best friend and all but when it comes to his sister he'd for sure hurt me and not hold back.

"Okay." He nods waiting for me to continue. "We decided to pretend to date to make Chase jealous as payback for him hurting Brooklyn." I say watching his reaction.

"And she's okay with this plan?" He asks confused. "Well kind of." I say deciding to leave the bet part of the agreement out otherwise I would surely have at least a broken nose.

"She said she would only agree to do it if you were okay with it." I tell him. He nods walking over to where I am. "Josh I trust you won't do anything to hurt Brooklyn. As long as nobody ends up getting hurt and it's only pretend I'm okay with it." He says.

I look at him slightly shocked that he's agreeing so easily. I honestly thought it was gonna take some work to convince him. "Don't worry man it's just going to be pretend and it'll only last a few months." I say.

"That's fine you both are old enough to make your own decisions." He says walking over to the island again. "I'm tried so I'm going back to bed. Don't stay up to late." He tell me as he grabs his water bottle.

"I'm right behind you." I say walking out of the kitchen behind him. We both walk up the stairs heading our separate ways to our rooms once we make it up the stairs. "Goodnight." We say at the same time before walking into our rooms.

I close my door after walking into my room and head straight to my bed. I lay down and fall asleep instantly.
****************************************************************************************