Those are just excuses Josh

Josh parks his car in the driveway when he arrive at the house. Zack and Sophia follow me inside while Cooper and Josh get out of the car. "You can't drive home. You're spending the night here." I tell Zack. I notice he had to much to drink at the party and he wasn't sober yet. "Yeah you're probably right." He nods. They both look at Josh and Cooper when they walk into the house.

"Zach is spending the night. I'm gonna go change." I tell Cooper not looking at Josh. "You guys start looking for a movie to watch. I'll be down in a few." I walk up to my room and close the door. I change into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I walk back over to the door so I can head back downstairs.

As I reach for the door it starts to open. I step back so it won't hit me and see Josh walk in. "Brooklyn we need to talk. I know I shouldn't have gone off on you and I want to apologize." He says looking at me. I look at him noticing his bloody knuckles, nose, and the cut on his lip. I sigh softly grabbing his hand. I lead him over to my bathroom and grab the first aid kit.

I sit down on the counter placing the kit next to me. "What do you want to talk about?" I ask him as I take out the alcohol then grab a towel. I pour some alcohol onto the towel then grab his hand. "We need to talk about Aiden and Brandon." He winces when I gently wipe the blood of his knuckles."What about them?" I continue to wipe and clean up his knuckles. He pauses looking down at me. I stop to look up at him for a second then go back to cleaning his hand.

"They're not good guys Brooklyn. We're not friends. In fact we don't even get along. Aiden is the leader of the east side. He's a really dangerous person and I don't want you to be caught in the middle of anything. Especially if that means you're in danger." He says softly.

I finish cleaning up his hand looking up at him starting on his nose. "Josh I met Brandon at school today. I'm not even his friend he just invited me to his party and since I didn't know who he was I agreed. I forgot to tell you it was his party when I told you about it that's the only reason I didn't mention it."

"I know and I'm sorry I shouldn't have gone off on you like that. Especially since I didn't tell you about them when we ran into them last time." He says looking at me as I finish cleaning his nose.

"Don't worry Josh now I know that they're not good people so I'll be more careful around them. I'll try not to go near them but I need you to know that I can take care of myself." I start to gently wipe his lip. He winces pulling away from me when the towel touches his lip. "Don't move." I look up at him. "Sorry Shortie, it hurts." He pouts. I chuckle softly nodding.

"I know but I have to clean it. I'm almost done. You wanted to be the tough guy and get into a fight so now you have to deal with the consequences." I say looking at him. He rolls his eyes playfully and moves back so I can finish. I start to gently wipe his lip again cleaning him up. I set the towel down when I finish.

"There all done." I smile looking up at him. "See it wasn't that bad." I tease him. He chuckles softly looking down at me. He stares down at me looking into my eyes not saying anything. I look up at him also looking into his eyes. We both slowly start leaning in until we are inches away from each other. He glances down at my lips then smashes his lips against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck kissing him back. He places his ands on my waist pulling me closer to him while he deepens the kiss. Things start to get heated and the kiss quickly turns into us making out.

I slowly pull away after a few minutes. I open my eyes looking up at Josh as we both try to catch our breath. "I gotta go. Thanks for understanding and helping me clean up Brooklyn." Josh says and walks away leaving my bathroom. He doesn't look at me and just walks out leaving the door open.

What the hell just happened?

I sit there confused for a couple of seconds before I get off the counter. I sigh loudly cleaning up the counter. After I put the first aid kit away  I walk out of the bathroom heading out of my room to go downstairs with Zack and Sophia.
**********************************************************************************************************************************
~Josh's POV~