🌼 Chapter 4

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

"So? How was your day?" Jungkook asked before taking a bite of his steak.

"Pretty fine I guess! And yours?"

"It was good yeah.. I had a few meetings otherwise pretty good!"

I stare at Jungkook as his focus is fully on his meal.

'Cute' I thought to myself as I feel my lips move up to a smile.

"Should I order dessert?" he looks up to me as he asks.

"Uh no no I'm fine." I said embarrassingly, knowing that he probably caught me staring at him.

"Sure??"

"Yeah. You can order for you if you want."

"No I'm fine! Let's just ask for the bill then."

"I'll pay."

"I invited you on a date so I should pay-"

"There are no such rules, Jungkook!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine. I'll pay for the dinner. You pay for the ice cream later. How about that??"

"We aren't going home after this?"

"Why? Do you want to?"

"No I mean no, not if you umm planned something I guess." I shrugged.

"I just want to spend some time with you, that if you don't mind."

"No, I'd love to! Yeah no worries." I chuckled awkwardly as he beams at me.

Should I say that the fact that he wants to spend time with me just made my heart flutter?

Being in love with someone isn't easy, specially not when they are so close to you.

Every little things they say or do, just make your heart pumps faster.

🌼🌼🌼

"Here, Kook, uh Jungkook." I say as I give him his ice cream and take a seat next to him on the bench.

"Thank you!" He says in a soft voice making me melt.

We just stare at the space in front of us without saying anything, and I should be honest that the silence was getting a bit awkward cause I didn't know if I should say something or not.

I watch as Jungkook threw our ice cream cups in the bin and walked back to take his seat next to me.

For a few minutes, we stayed like this.

It's weird. It's weird how we are close, not sitting that close, but yes our presence is close to each other, yet I feel the distance. The distance between me and him. Is that how it's going to be between us even after we get married?

"I-"

"I-"

We both said at the same time.