Chapter 6

Today was the day

Today was the day. Laura was arriving in a couple of hours so I made myself some popcorn, found a movie to watch and sat in a blanket until she came. I was halfway through the second movie when the doorbell rang.

Groaning, I untangle myself from the blanket and make my way to the front door.

When I open it, Laura stands there, her mouth agape and her arms full of bags.

"What?" I ask her as I let her in, she takes in the surroundings before slowly turning to look at me.

"Bloody hell. Your house is huge. And beautiful."

"Thanks." Leading her to my room, she looks around in awe.

"Wow." She whispers.

She quickly opens up my wardrobe, flicking through the vast amount of clothes I had- note the sarcasm.

"You literally have nothing nice in here." A deep huff leaves her throat before she turns around and eyes my body.

I just stand there with my hands by my side, looking a bit glum.

"We'll have to improvise." She looks at her own off shoulder, white Lena top before jerking her head back up at me, a huge grin on her face.

Before I could protest, she had already fiddled with the strings that were tied around her body and had pulled the top over her head.

So basically she was standing in front of me without a shirt on. Her boobs were out.

Squealing, I quickly spin around. I'm internally scarred.

"What?" She asks. "We both have boobs, it's nothing new. Your turn." The last sentence she had uttered had caught my attention.

"I'll change in the bathroom." I say quickly. Laura may be able to show her boobs without a second thought but it was a bit harder for me.

"Okay... but put this on." Slowly I turn around. Thankfully Laura was wearing my grey hoodie. In her hand was the top that she had just taken off.

Cautiously I take it, before trodding of into the bathroom with a pair of tight light blue jeans that Laura had picked out for me. After taking a quick shower, brushing my teeth for the second time, washing my face and putting on extra moisturiser, I was ready to put on the outfit picked out for me.

My bust is a little bit bigger than Laura's so I poked at my breasts to tuck them into the top. The scar on my arm was almost non existant so it probably wouldn't be seen in the dark. Just to be sure, I rubbed some foundation over my scars, most of them couldn't be seen. Slipping my jeans on and buttoning it up, I realise that I'm so out of my comfort zone.

Looking in the long length mirror on one wall of the bathroom showed me that I'm changing the way I look, the way I want to look... for what? To impress a... boy? That's not me. I don't care about impressing anyone. So what was so different about this boy?