Chapter 35

"I'm gonna wait with the car until the breakdown company arrive

"I'm gonna wait with the car until the breakdown company arrive. See you both later." Chase says to me and Laura as we make our way to Jacob's car. He had parked right behind Chase.

"Okay, dickhead." Laura says back to her brother before walking forward. I watch as Jacob hops out of his car, leaning against the open door. His eyes don't leave mine as I approach him.

"Hey." He says when I'm standing in front of him. "You okay?"

I nod my head. Looking up at him, I can't help it when I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face into his chest. Startled, Jacob moved back slightly before he finally curls his arms around my back. I feel his soft lips on the top of my head and I squeeze him tighter, the smell of his aftershave engulfing me.

"I missed you." I mumble into his chest, rubbing my hands over his back muscles. Jacob chuckles, his fingers running through my hair.

"We saw each other this morning-"

"Err, guys?" Laura clears her throat, and I look to the side of Jacob to see Laura standing there, a hand on her hips. "As much as I'm glad that you're in love, I do plan on going home today."

In love. If anything, I know I'm not in love with Jacob. Maybe we need spend more time together before I feel that way towards him. I like him. I like him a lot. But, I'm not in love with him. But, one day. I know I will be.

"Right. Sorry." Jacob says, his hand on the small of my back as he turns around to face her. "Let's go home."

"My car is at Laura's." I tell Jacob. He nods his head at me and gets back into the car. I walk around and sit in the passenger seat.

Jacob's hand stays on my thigh the whole car ride home, and Laura was unexpectedly silent. He parked outside of his house, turning off the ignition.

I rummage through my purse and pull out my car keys. Laura opens the door. "Goodnight, guys. I'll see you both whenever." She says, the tiredness evident in her voice. Then, she jumps out of the car and into her house.

Now, the car is completely silent. The only thing I can hear is the shallow sound of my own breathing. "Thank you for picking us up." I tell Jacob, looking over to him. "I know you were busy, today."

"It's okay." He says, smiling at me. "Do you..." Then, he hesitates. "Do you maybe wanna stay over tonight?"

"You can't have girls in your room, remember?" I remind him of the conversation with his parents just the other day.

"We'll sneak you in." He says, a small smile on his face. "I just... I really want to spend the night with you." He says, hope evident in his eyes. He places his hand on my thigh and squeezes, his thumb drawing small circles on my cargo pants. I place my hand over his and thread my fingers through his.

"Sure." He says. "My parents have gone back to work, so no one will miss me." I laugh, my hand travelling up his arm, subconsciously rubbing it. "I'd love to spend the night with you."

"And, hey." Jacob says, grinning. "We'll sneak out before my parents wake up and grab some breakfast from Wayland's Yard. I heard they're doing a special all-day breakfast for the rest of the week. Then, I'll take you home and you can get your things for college. How does that sound?" He asks. I nod my head eagerly.

"Great." I say.

"Good." He says, leaning in to kiss me. I kiss him back, circling my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. His hand squeezes my thigh before he pulls back, his breath hitting my lips. "We should go inside." He whispers, and my fingers comb over the hair on the back of his head. I nod and pull away from Jacob.

Jacob locks the car as soon as we're both out and takes my hand, ushering me to stay quiet. "My parents are probably already asleep." He says, inserting the house key into the door. "They like to stay up and watch movies sometimes." Slowly, he opens the door and places his hand on my lower back, quiding me into his house. Luckily, his parents weren't in the living room, so we had to sneak our way up the stairs and into his room.

As soon as we're both in, he closes and locks the door. I walk over to his bed and fall on top of it, my hair sprawled onto the pillow. Jacob walks over to his wardrobe, pulling out an oversized, sleeveless shirt. My heart beat increases. He holds it up to me.

"You can wear this to bed." He says, before throwing it at me. I catch it, and frown. Wearing this means showing Jacob my arms. And I'm not sure I'm ready to do that, yet. "I'll turn around if you're not comfortable."

I slowly nod my head and stand up just as Jacob's faces away from me. I unbutton my cargo pants and slip out of them, nearly folding and placing them on the edge of Jacob's bed.

I wrap my first around the hem of my shirt, swallow my anxiety and pull it over my head. My hand carefully strokes over my scars and I quickly grab the shirt that Jacob gave me and put it on.

"Jacob." I say, finally ready to show him. To let him in and show him the truth. To trust him with a part of me that I don't trust anyone with. To allow him to his my heart in his hands and give him the power to do whatever he wants with me.

I watch his reaction as he turns around. I watch his reaction as he scans my body. And, I watch his reaction as his eyes finally fall onto my cut-up arms.

His body freezes. His eyes bore into my scars and then they slowly reach my own eyes. I see the confusion and distress and dismay in his pupils.

He slowly takes a step towards me and I feel so week, so vulnerable to the point where the tears in my eyes will fall if he touches me. He takes another step and I try to blink away my pain. He reaches out to touch me and my body fails me. The tears fall and the pain takes over.

His fingers slowly trail down my arm before they loosely wrap around my wrists. He lifts my arm and his eyes graze over my scars. "Aria..." He tries to say, but my name gets caught in his throat. I see tears in his eyes and I use my spare hand to cup his cheek.

He can't look at me. His eyes refuse to look up and I lean my forehead on his shoulder. "It's okay." I whisper, and I feel his body shake from the tears. His other arm goes around my waist and Jacob pulls me closer, until by body is flush against him.

"Aria, I didn't- I didn't realise that-"

"Jacob, please. I don't want your pity. Please, just leave it." I say, not wanting to talk about it. I have to take this one step at a time. And, showing Jacob my scars is enough of a step for me.

I feel him nod his head and he pulls back slightly, cupping my cheek. He tries to smile, but it doesn't seem real. "Okay." He nods his head. "Okay, we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He says, kissing the top of my head. "Just know... Just know you can talk to me about absolutely anything, Aria. You don't have to go through this alone, anymore."

I nod my head and kiss his lips, savouring every moment of it. He pulls back, but keeps his fingers around my wrist and his arm around my waist. "I need to go to the bathroom, real quick." He says, giving me a peck.

"Okay. Be quick." I tell him, as he leaves his room. I turn and slip into his bed, pulling the duvet cover my body. I turn and face the wall. After a few minutes, Jacob walks back into the room and slips into the bed, next to me.

His body presses against mine, and his arm goes around my waist, pulling my back against his front. I close my eyes and breathe in his scent, letting it take over me.

Just as I'm about to drift off, I hear Jacob whisper, "I love you, Aria. So much."

EEEEEEEEK!

Couldn't wait to write this chapter because Jacob is such a cutie patootie and I love him so so so much.

Anyways, I'll see you next Wednesday (hopefully) for a rare Jacob POV.

-H