29: Love Comes, Goes, Stays

"Xiyi? Xiyi!"

"Tsk, what are you screaming for?" Jin Xiyi turned to him with a painful smile.

Lan Jingyi watched her wincing, horrified. "Xiyi, what's wrong?"

"No, just... I don't know..." Xiyi shook her head and collapsed.

"XIYI!"

**********

"Yiyi?" Wei Wuxian opened the door to find Lan Jingyi panting, his sword unsheathed and lying on the grass outside the Jingshi. "You flew here by sword? What's wr– Xiyi!" He shouted when he saw Jingyi was firmly hugging a lifeless Xiyi. "Darling, come quick, take her to Yuanhua!"

Lan Wangji hurried out, picked Xiyi up from Jingyi with just one arm and ran with them to the Healing Hall.

**********

Wei Wuxian paced back and forth, anxiously waiting for the doctor to pull the curtains aside. Wen Ning walked out from behind the curtains, leaving Lan Yuanhua inside. "A-Ning, what's going on?"

"Wen Shushu!" Lan Jingyi ran up to him.

Just then Lan Sizhui ran into the Healing Hall. "Jingyi! Apologies for the delay, someone came in with other news. Shushu, what happened?" Sizhui turned to Wen Ning.

Second Doctor Lan shook his head. "No need to panic. First, Jingyi, I need to talk to you. But wait," Wen Ning left them hanging on the thread of anxiety and marched out to send for his wife. Lan Qiang rushed in in mere seconds. Receiving a nod from Wen Ning, she went behind the curtains to Yuanhua and Xiyi. "Now, Jingyi. Tell me what happened."

"I came home a bit late and she was stumbling around the house, holding onto the wall and whatever she could find. Like, she couldn't walk straight. And then, before I could call her, she ran outside and threw up... Wen Shushu, is she alright?"

Wen Ning sighed. "All this happened and where were you? Why did you come home late?" He asked in as stern a voice as he could muster.

Oh dear, Shushu's talking in a very strict tone... Sizhui frowned. Is Xiyi in danger? 

Lan Sizhui turned to check on his fathers to find Lan Wangji stifling a grin and Wei Wuxian cuddled into his chest, shoulders shaking. Not crying, laughing. Huh? How's this supposed to be funny?

"Er..." Jingyi gulped. "I... Liwei came to the nearby town to pay me a visit..."

"Jiang Liwei?" Wen Ning raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Wen Shushu," Lan Jingyi's head hung low. "Is... Is Xiyi in danger?"

Wei Wuxian couldn't hold it back anymore. He threw his head back and roared with laughter. "Oh God, Yiyi, you guys are the purest children ever!"

"Yes, she is," Lan Qiang pulled the curtains aside and chuckled. "Grave mortal danger."

"Ah? If it's mortal danger, what on earth is everyone laughing for?" Sizhui asked while Jingyi just gawked in confusion.

Lan Yuanhua laughed as he too walked out. He shook his head and smacked their heads. "Silly boys. I'll excuse our young Sect Leader, Sizhui, for being dumb because he isn't even married. But you!" He wagged his finger in Jingyi's face. "How are you supposed to be a good father with a brain this empty?"

"Senior Yuanhua, that pained! Wait... F– Father!" Jingyi's jaw dropped as he peeped over Yuanhua to see Xiyi had woken up and was grinning at him, red-faced. "Xiyi?" Jingyi walked over to her.