[24 never a quiet day in paradise]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[24] twenty-fourth chapter
episode twenty-three, season 5
-narrative+messages
word count 3463 
>In which arguments
following the recent
recoupling threaten
to ruin relationships.

The applause slowly died down as Yewande disappeared around the corner to do her speech to the camera, signalling to the islanders that it was time to head back into the villa, some more reluctant than others to let their friend go.

Wrapping an arm around Summer's shoulders, Ovie did his best to cheer the girl up as they followed the others into the garden. Amber, who walked slightly behind them, seemed to be fuming that people had 'returned to normal' once again, understandably so.

After arriving in the kitchen, Summer tried her hardest not to get involved in the muttering and awkward looks being passed around, instead deciding to pour herself a glass of bubbly and absolutely down it in one, making Molly and Maura chuckle slightly from beside her.

With a small grin, the girl shrugged, "I can't be arsed with this."

"So you're just gonna drink away the drama?" Maura asked her playfully, a small laugh playing on her lips, making Moly and Summer grin in response.

"Something like that, aye."

Without warning, Arabella, Lucie and Danny took off from the group, making their way down to a secluded area of the garden, probably for the best seen as Amber and Anna were still on edge after losing their best mate. This then sparked the decision for the remaining islanders to make their way to the daybed, bar Anton who followed Lucie, Danny and Arabella.

Curtis then found the need to take it upon himself to calm some of the girls down, however ended up doing the opposite, as he told them, "Guys, a lot of hard decisions have been made. People have gone and I know a lot of friends have disappeared that were here. But I think we've all still got each other, and everyone..."

"But do we, though?" Amber interrupted him, obviously upset, "Because I'm not quite sure right now."

Just as Curtis was about to speak again, Summer gave him a look, telling him to shut up, before beginning, "I just think what he means is that, yeah, Danny chose someone he'd only known two days and got one of our good friends dumped, but he went with his heart which is what you do if you want to find love, and at the end of the day, he thinks he has a good shot with Arabella," she told the islanders, trying not to take sides and anger anyone.

Amber looked at her glass, still upset over the loss of her friend as Curtis began speaking once more, "Exactly. We are all in a good position with each other. And think about the couples we are in."

At that, the girl seemed to disagree, "Mmh," she shook her head before pointing out, "I know you, you, you, you and you, and that's about it. The rest of the people, I don't have a clue where their head's at. I don't. I don't know people. You think you do, you don't."

"To Yewande," Michael then spoke up, raising a toast in an attempt to change the subject.

"To Yewande," the others agreed, clinking their glasses together.

As the conversation began to shift more towards Anton's decision to keep Lucie in, Summer and Ovie decided to depart, giving the others smiles before making their way over to the fire pit to have some time to themselves, mainly just wanting a bit of quiet.

"I actually can't be bothered tonight," Summer spoke, looking up at the sky before taking a sip from her glass. She and Ovie were sat beside each other on the curved sofa beside the fire pit, his arm wrapped around her shoulders as they both watched the stars.