[38 goodbyes never felt so hard]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[38] thirty-eighth chapter
episode thirty-six+seven, season 5
-narrative
word count 4956
>In which the Islanders
find themselves saying
goodbye one too many
times.

Not long after Belle and Anton had returned from their date, the islanders had been hurried back into the villa by the quickly setting sun, rushing to get themselves ready for the evening that lay ahead.

It was supposedly a pretty calm evening for the young adults: there was no party to glam up for and, as far as they were aware, no recoupling coming up to send anyone home, meaning it was the perfect night to celebrate their fellow islander, Anna's, birthday.

After a few moments of mental conflict, Summer finally opted to go for a pretty blue combination that was sure to compliment her freshly curled hair and neatly applied lashes.

Whilst Amber, Amy and Molly were down in the kitchen with the boys, helping them set up decorations and blow balloons, the rest of the girls were helping Anna get ready for her special night up in the bedroom, including Summer, who'd just slipped ...

Whilst Amber, Amy and Molly were down in the kitchen with the boys, helping them set up decorations and blow balloons, the rest of the girls were helping Anna get ready for her special night up in the bedroom, including Summer, who'd just slipped into her shoes for the evening.

"You excited for tonight?" She turned to look at the stunning birthday girl, whose hair had fallen perfectly into place as it danced across her fitted, white dress.

Offering Summer a warm smile, Anna told her, "Yeah, I think it's pretty much the perfect way to end my twenties, surrounded by the sexiest people on a stunning island," The girl smirked, earning her scattered laughs of agreement from some of the others.

After a few more minutes, the girls finally got the green light to go down and join the others in the kitchen, with most of the islanders taking a seat on the small sofa whilst Jordan stood before them with his arm wrapped around Anna.

"Right, so, it's a special day today," He began, raising his glass in the air as if he was starting a toast, "A huge happy birthday to Anna and also, we can officially say she's a cougar now," He then added with a cheeky grin, causing the rest of the group to erupt into shocked laughs before they raised their glasses to cheers the girl.

"To the cougars!" Amber cheered, pulling Anna in for a hug as the others let out another cheer of excitement.

As the evening went on, the islanders couldn't help but find themselves letting loose for the first time in a while. With everything that had happened with Casa Amor and the following drama, they'd hardly had a day to breathe, so Anna's birthday was sure to come as a refresher to their systems.

"Oh, wow, you sure do dress up nice," Summer smiled as she wrapped her arms around Ovie's waist, tilting her head up slightly so that their noses were inches apart.

Ovie smiled at the mere sight of the girl, "Yeah, could say the same for you... Sometimes," He added with a sly chuckle, causing Summer to gasp in fake shock.