[33 facing the fallout]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[33] thirty-third chapter
episode thirty-two, season 5
-narrative
word count 3440
>In which the islanders
must learn to adapt to
the new atmosphere
Casa Amor has created.

That morning, Summer had woken up to the feeling of someone tapping her shoulder repeatedly, a real sense of urgency in their actions. Letting out a typical-morning groan, the girl rubbed her eyes to enable herself to adjust to the light, only to be met with an enthusiastic-looking Ovie.

"Morning, Sunshine," He grinned, taking a step back to allow the girl to sit up in their bed as he turned around to grab what seemed to be a tray from behind him.

The first thing Summer noticed after adjusting to her surroundings was that, other than herself and the man before her, the bedroom had an abundant lack of people, which was unusual for a morning in the villa. Typically, the room would be filled with half-awake islanders and humid air that took the smell of whatever spray had been unleashed to hide the scent of the night before.

Her confusion only increased when Ovie placed a tray of what seemed to be her favourite brunch foods on her lap, being careful not to spill any of the water onto the bedsheets as he did so.

With furrowed brows, she asked, "Has there been some sort of apocalypse or something? And if there was, how the fuck did we survive."

Ovie gasped, feigning offence as he placed his hand over his heart playfully, "Are you doubting my apocalypse-surviving skills?"

"Precisely," She giggled in response, "But, seriously, where is everyone?"

Scratching the back of his kneck sheepishly, Ovie explained, "Well, technically, we were meant to be out of bed an hour ago," He told her, causing Summer's eyes to widen in shock, "But you must've been so tired, you didn't even notice the lights coming on and I didn't want to disturb you. So, I let you have a lie-in and gave you breakfast in bed," The boy admitted, a small smile creeping onto his face as he saw Summer take in what he had told her.

"Seriously?" She asked, not quite believing what he was saying, the corners of her mouth practically reached her eyes at that point as her heart was overcome by emotions — most of which were overwhelmingly positive. "You did this for me?"

"Of course, I did," He smiled back at her, "Who else would I do it for? Danny?"

Words couldn't even describe how Summer felt during the moment: looking down at the assortment of breakfast foods laid before her, she couldn't help but fall even harder for the boy she had spent her love island journey with. Gently moving the tray to her side, Summer was swift to surge forward, placing her two hands on either side of Ovie's face as they both moved in for a kiss, getting caught up in the passion of the moment without realising the moment was about to end as quickly as it had begun.

"Oh, shit," Marvin gasped after swinging the door to the bedroom open, causing Summer and Ovie to pull away from their kiss abruptly, "I'm so sorry you guys," He said, noticing the flushed look they gave him.

Trying his hardest not to make the situation more awkward, he nodded towards the door on the opposite side of the bedroom, signalling that was where he was headed before attempting to discreetly jog towards it, however, failing miserably as he ended up looking like he was tiptoeing whilst hopping at the same time, causing for an amusing sight.

As soon as the man was through the door and out of earshot, Summer and Ovie turned to look at each other, concern written on their faces before the pair simultaneously burst into laughter, not too sure what to think of what had just happened as the two tried to hold back tears of amusement.