CH 4- First Words...?

Shinjuro and Kyojuro were eyeing each other seriously. Their brows matching as if they were just looking in a mirror. You and Senjuro were speechless until Haijuro exclaimed to break the silence, he started to then throw his foot in his mouth and suck on it. A sign of teething. You sighed as you felt the vibe of a good breakfast go stale. Haijuro continued to pick up the food and eat it though.

"Eat guys, Senjuro worked hard on this." You mentioned and they'd eat again. When looking to Kyojuro, he smiled as the food made him smile.

"Tasty!" He yelled.

"Tathy!" Haijuro responded with his father quickly. Beginning to mimick him. You fell to defeat thinking about how Kyojuro managed to make his mini me. It was back and forth which was funny but only for so long.

"You're gonna make him choke if you keep that up." You mentioned as you held Haijuro from stuffing his face. "Thank you so much, Senjuro. Your food is spectacular."
Senjuro nodded in appreciation.

"I love cooking. I'm glad Haijuro loves it." He smiled and gathered finished dishes. Shinjuro and Kyojuro picked back up on the conversation, yet you left Haijuro with Kyojuro to hopefully ease their conversation. You accompanied Senjuro to help with dishes. "Usually, Big brother doesn't retaliate and just takes it. Though when it comes to a passion he can get loud." Senjuro informed quietly. You looked back as there volume was still loud but Haijuro being his his fathers arms would help Kyojuro remain calm as he usually was.

"I see it all out of love. After all, you can never kill the fact that family is forever." You smiled to Senjuro, eventually the light in the room shifted more into the kitchen when the sun speared. You hissed when it hit your face and stepped back.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Senjuro said worried. He put the last dish up and came to you. Your skin healed as you chuckled.

"Gosh, who am I kidding. I am not human. Haha. I got comfortable even though there's windows.." you sighed and brushed your hair back. Kyojuro was next to you immediately with Haijuro in hand.

"Are you alright?" He asked by your side. You nodded."Well, I've only got so much time before I'm fully recovered and we'll return! Nonetheless! There shall be another place for you to stay, (y/n)." You tilted your head. Haijuro smiled at you.

Shinjuro popped alcohol like it was candy. "Senjuro! Would you like to try training again? I have enough time to watch you as well!" Kyojuro offered and Senjuro shyly nodded. Kyojuro returned your son and kissed your forehead. "Don't worry, My Love. I'll not work myself too hard." He reassured though you were against it anyways. You sighed.

~Hours soaring~

Since you haven't eaten human flesh, there hasn't been times it mildly slipped your mind. You were surrounded by strong spirits and even the weakest one. You slept it off but Haijuro didn't sleep with you. Instead he had exited the room and went to find one of the people with flames as hair. Coming from behind, Haijuro snagged someone's kimono. It was Shinjuro, he pulled himself up by the cloth and looked up. He seemed to be seeing the difference due to expression. Shinjuro was currently watching his sons outside in the light. Haijuro motioned to be picked up.

"How old even are you by now?" He picked his grandchild up and looked at him up close. "Heh... watch your father." He pointed so Haijuro's head will see the sun beaming down on them. His father's smile and uncle's joy. They looked so happy it made Haijuro happy as well. Shinjuro broke a smile out but then kept a stern face. "Dammit. You escaped your mother didn't you."

"Dammit!" Shinjuro froze.

Kyojuro heard it as well as Senjuro.

Haijuro exclaimed the one word he took from that. Shinjuro broke a sweat. "Help me out here! This shouldn't be his first couple of words."

Senjuro looked up in thought. "I think Haijuro likes expressive words." worriedly said.

"(Y/n) isn't gonna be happy about our baby having a foul mouth..." Kyojuro added. Shinjuro then exclaimed. "Wasshoi!" Haijuro paused.

"Wasshoi!!" His voice boomed, Shinjuro's voice wouldve probably been heard by the neighbors.

"Wasshoi!!" Kyojuro joined and Senjuro followed. They all cheered. Haijuro watched them all cheer but they'd pause to look at him.

"Wasshoi!!" Haijuro yelled and threw his arms up.
In the moment, a crow came to Kyojuro.

"FLAME HASHIRA!!" It flapped its wings and landed on his arm. "MESSAGE FROM KAMADO TANJIRO! HOPE YOU'RE WELL! I'M ONTO MY NEXT MISSION!!"