New Girl

Raelyn's Perspective

Year:July 2013

Background: Raelyn is the new girl on the block who would do anything to impress the dudes from her side of the town.

"How you liking it around her Rae?" My friend LA asked.

He was the first friend I made out south . It wasn't even because everybody here seems mean as hell.

But he was very nice.

LA & I go to high school together and we in the same grade.

"It's good best friend" I teased.

LA & I decided that we was best friends and I have no problem with that.

It's just I couldn't believe I just moved here and we already so close.

"That's good. Aye I got some guys, I want chu to meet ight? " he say as we walked up to this neighborhood.

There was a lot of people in this gate and I wasn't sure this was safe.

We was on 65th & King Drive and based on talk around town, I should take people over here very seriously.

"Okay" I say as a group of guys greeted LA & did a handshake with him.

"Who is folks right here?"

"Damn she fine as hell"

"What's yo name ma?"

That's all I heard. Like damn wtf, these people were talking to me like I was some animal.

"Y'all dis my homie Raelyn. She moved in like uh, 6 months ago " La stated.

"You pretty as hell ma. How old u is?" The guy with some small dreads asked.

He was skinny but built. His plump lips and brown eyes with his small dimples stood out the most.

"I just made 18 last week" I say looking awkward asf.

People usually be shocked when I tell them my age.

A lot of people think I'm older cause of how mature I act.

People tell me I look like Naomi Campbell if she had a baby girl.

"Mmm. Well nice ta meet chu lil folks. I'm Dayvon but you can call me Von. I'm 18 too. Dis Troy, Booka, Durk, Louie," he say pointing to the guys.

Hmmm , interesting. I wanna keep Von around, so at the end of the night with us exchanging numbers.

NEXT MONTH

(VON's BIRTHDAY)

I put my lipgloss on and was about to walk out the door but of course, my mama had to ask me 1,000 questions.

"Where you going , Rae?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Mama , I told you this dude invited me to a party?" I say looking down at my brand new Jordan's.

"What dude? You talking about that lil light skin boy with the dreads, Your father & I told you to stop hanging around?" She say giving me a stern look.

"Who LA? Mama why I can't hang with LA , he just a kid like me. He a honor student and he a good kid. What's the problem ?" I say confused.

She just stared at me. "LA? I thought this name was Leonard. Well anyway, thats neither here or there. Ima let you go to this party but if you not home by 12, ima track you down" she says before I squeeze her into a hug.

My mother was only rough on me cause she wants the best for me. I'm her oldest and I gotta set an example for my siblings. My parents already had it rough getting married straight outta high school and then having me.

So I'm not trynna make they life anymore problematic.

I drive to Von's party and that boy was looking fresh than a mf.

Everybody was of course , happy to see me and the feeling was the same.

But I was really ready to see Von.

He pulled me in a hug, giving me small pecks.

We not dating yet, but that's basically my nigga. You know?

"I'm glad u could make it ma. You straight?" He ask looking at me with them fine ass eyes.

I bit my lip realizing this man might be some trouble.

But hey, I never dated before. So why not try it out?

"Yea boo, I'm finna go get me some to eat okay?" I say walking to where the food was.

Of course, LA was back there cracking jokes.

"Hey bestfriend" I say giving him a slight hug.

"Wassup bestfriend. Yo mama let chu out the crib? I'm shocked" he say as I lightly pushed him.

The party was great and I stayed with Von .

We entered his bedroom laughing about how much funny the party was & the fun we had at the party.

"Can I tell you something?" I say playing with my necklace.

"Yea of course, wassup?" He says joining me in playing with the necklace.

"I like you " I say covering my mouth.

Now why would I just say that?

He giggles at how embarrassing I am.

I look down.

"I like you too shorty. U ain't gotta be embarrassed to tell me shit. I been trynna make you my bitch fa a lil minute" he says as he lifts my head up.

"You do ?" I say shocked.

Von was mean asl , so it was hard trynna get a conversation out of him. But eventually, we talked and sparkes did fly.

"Yea ma. I think you sexy and I wanna be yo nigga. U cool with that?" He say as his body is getting closer to me.

"Yea. That's cool. U my boyfriend now" I say smiling revealing my small braces.

"I been yo boyfriend. Gimme a kiss" he say grabbing my face.

We kiss and I pull back as I'm scared what's gonna happen next.

"Why you stop ma? My shit hot a'sum?" He say causing us both to laugh.

I grab his hand. "No no no baby. You good. I just never had a boyfriend before and ion wanna fuck it up" I say frowning.

"U ah neva fuck up with me Rae. You looking good asl in them lil shorts. " he says grabbing the back of them.

I remove them causing him to look shocked and I remove my underwear.

He pulls his slightly down and began drilling me.