About

First part of the new series!

I must admit that "The Protectors" is a big project. I started out with Lev and Flavia, with a rather tender love story. But I can't wait to introduce you to the rest!

This series will be split into two arcs. The first one is in four stories, the second one will probably be in four as well. I haven't quite figured out everything for the second arc yet, but that's not important right now.

I got the idea for this new series on the first day of one of my nursing sessions. And I thought about it all week, and the more I thought about it, the more the story grew. From a simple romance, I ended up with four Dukes and a Mage, a whole kingdom and opponents. In seven days, I had almost the entirety of both arcs in my head.

So starting on Monday, I tackled Gentem's Shield, the kickoff to Protectors. And I love writing this story! Since then I've been writing the third installment. In fact, by going back to the Shield, I was able to correct inconsistencies with the sequel. Obviously, when you start a story, you don't necessarily have everything well defined. Since I was already well advanced in the construction of my world, I was able to rectify certain things, and add scenes necessary to understand the continuation.

Why the Protectors?

Before I pulverized my tablet, I used to read a lot of isekai. Webtoons about alternative worlds where humans defend themselves against demons, basically, with a romance background. And after reading a dozen of them, I ended up with some ideas. That's how I ended up with Protectors. A rather adult version, we agree.

In short, it's a little personal marathon I've started with this series, but I feel that until I've written everything, I won't be able to think about anything else. So I'm moving fast, efficiently, and doing everything I can to keep up with the logic of this world. I don't forget the rest, which I am thinking about, don't worry. I don't forget, neither Sakhar, nor Nathaniel.

Ah yes, the characters... I really like these characters. Even though I have many unpleasant things planned for them. Tamir from Malleus is probably my favorite, along with Eleazar and Autem. Anyway.

I hope you enjoyed The Shield of Gentem! As always, I'm on Facebook and Instagram if you want to learn more about the rest of the saga.

Have a nice day, and maybe see you next time,

Sincerely,

Laura Scala