Robbie

It had been hours since Lana left. Delilah and I had been watching Leah, but the longer Lana was gone the more anxious I got. "She's asleep." Delilah announced after finally getting Leah to sleep. "What do we do?" I was not sure how to handle this.

"She needs to tell Luca. He's the only person who can actually protect her."

"What if I took her and Leah away, I could protect them." I tried to convince myself more than Delilah.

"And what about your mom, and dad? They need you."

"They'll understand."

"Robbie, this is insane, do you have any idea who these people really are? What they do for a living?" Delilah raised an eyebrow as if I were missing something.

"Robbie, they're mobsters." Delilah shouted.

"Not funny Delilah."

"This isn't a joke Robbie! The Denzel's are gun traffickers and money launderers. They're mobsters Robbie, and I work for them. I know how dangerous these people are, especially Antonio. You can't run from them, they have the means to track you down. And if they want you dead, no one will even remember your name or realize you're even gone." Delilah paced back and forth. "Then how do I protect them!" I grabbed her and made her look at me. "Lana needs to tell Luca." I couldn't possibly make Lana tell Luca, and it wasn't my place to tell him myself. I'm not supposed to know any of this, Lana never wanted me to. How do I help her and protect my niece? If these people are really who Delilah says they are, aren't we all in danger by association?