The Death Of A Friend

Xander's Pov: (present day)

I was the first to get off work since I only had three classes on Wednesday and the other three had five classes which sucked. I walked out of the school building and saw Gracie sitting on the steps looking out in the distance. "What you looking at hun" I said causing her to jump a little before turning around and sighing. I just chuckled before walking up to her and we walked down the steps together. "Nothing really Y/N already went home since she only had two classes today and I thought maybe you could take me home since you know we live together and your done today" Gracie said before clapping her hands together. "Grace you don't need to ask me" I said before chuckling and unlocking the car. I got in and she got into the passenger side.

I drove back home to the mansion and was greeted with our butler Joseph he was the only human who knew about us besides Luca's wife. He was a damn kind man in his late 40s I think. He had green eyes and brown hair. "Your back early" he said taking the keys from hand. "Yeah I thought I'd come back here early to check on the pack houses to make sure everyone was alright" I said and he smiled before nodding. "Most of them are out in the woods running around" he said and I nodded before watching him get into my car and drive it into the underground garage.

Me and Gracie headed into the Mansion before walking straight and out to back doors leading to the pack houses. There were all different kinds of creatures. Werewolves, Vampires, Faces, Harpies, Hybrids, Half-breeds, Centaurs, Alicorns, Fauns and many more. There were more Werewolves and Vampires than the others because some didn't believe that we should be united. One of the fae children ran up to us and he wrapped his arms around my left leg hugging it tightly. "Xander your back" he said and I bent over and picked him up putting him on my hip. He had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, he had small brown horns sticking out of his head and small brown feathery wings on his back. He was quite tall for a seven year old. He was 4'5 much taller than the average human boy when their seven. "Why are you back so early" he said playing with a loose strand of hair that fell out of my braid. "Well I thought I'd come check on you and the rest of the pack instead of staying at school and grading papers" I said and he scrunched his face up in disgust when I said grading papers and school.

I walked with him on my hip as we walked down the dirt road to the house that was all the way in the back. I set him down and he opened the door before rushing in and jumping onto a girl. I let Gracie walk in first before I walked in and shut the door behind me. "You must be new I haven't seen you before" I said and the girl turned around and nodded. "I'm Abbey I'm one of the new faes who joined last night I came here with my father" she said before holding her hand out. I smiled before grabbing her hand and shaking it. She had dark chocolate skin and brown eyes with white horns on top of her head. On her back were a pair of white feathery wings with crystal blue ends. "It's nice to meet you welcome to the family Abbey" I said and she smiled before walking out of the house with Eli. "You guys are back" I heard a voice and I looked up to see Ellis smiling softly as he stroked his hands through his messy black hair. "Yeah Xander wanted to come and check on the pack I think she's starting to become a softy ever since she met my best friend Y/N" Gracie teased making me look at her before rolling my eyes.

"I think we can all see that" Ellis said before smirking. I just rolled my eyes again before walking over and leaning against the table with my arms folded. I heard shouting before Luca flew in and crashed into Ellis making them both tumble to the ground. "LUCA ALEXANDER DAISIE" someone shouted and I looked up to see Cassandra well Cass for short walk in looking pissed. Luca's wife came running in next with widened eyes. "Cass come on it was just an innocent prank" Luca said before standing up and hiding behind Ellis who was just standing there unfazed by all the commotion. I just stared in amusement watching the two of them bicker. "You stained my favorite outfit with neon dye" Cass shouted before grabbing Luca by the shirt collar. I looked over to see Gracie looking at me with a raised eyebrow making me sigh. I walked over and pulled them apart from each other. "Oh X you're back early" Luca said and I raised my eyebrow again. "Would anyone tell me what's going on" I said and Luca looked at Cass before rolling her eyes. "She stained my favorite outfit with that damn human shit" Cass said and I smirked. "You mean paint" I said and Cass nodded. "I told Cass I would wash it out but she's not listening" Morgan said and I looked at Cass who rolled her eyes. "Well sort it out I'm going to check up on the others" I said before walking towards the door. "Hang on I'm coming with you two I don't want to get in the middle of this" Ellis said and I looked over my shoulder to see him rushing over. We walked out the door and I shut the door behind me.

We walked down the dirt path until I stopped at a small log house and I knocked on the door. "Hold on give me a second" I heard someone shout before the door opened a minute later. I saw Alice standing in the door way with her blackish grey hair and blue eyes. She was a half fae half werewolf. She had black horns and black werewolf ears as well as a black tail and huge black feathery wings that dragged along the floor. "Oh hey you three I heard you were back early X" she said mixing some batter in a mixing bowl. "Yeah what are you making" I said reaching to dip my finger in it but she smacked my hand with the wooden spatula. I frowned as I pulled my hand back. "Nuh uh don't even think about it the last time I let you do it you decided to take the whole thing and then a couple minutes later you were throwing up" she said and I huffed. "Glad I wasn't here that day I heard it was bad" Gracie said and I looked over at her before glaring at her.

"Now why don't you go bother someone else I'm quite busy" Alice said and before I could say anything she slammed the door shut in my face. I scoffed before walking away from the house and heading down the dirt road again. "That was so rude of her" I said and heard Gracie chuckle.

We went to the training grounds that were on the left side of the mansion. "TRISTAN" Gracie shouted catching a man that was half horse half well man better know as Centaurs. He trotted over and smiled while looking down at Gracie. How are you kiddo" he said and she put her thumbs up before smiling causing him to smile back. "Tristan" I said and he looked up and bowed his head. "Xander welcome back" he said and I nodded my head. "Were are the other three" he said and I told him they were still teaching at school. He looked back at Gracie before holding his hand out. "Come on" he said and I watched as he lifted Gracie up onto him before galloping off back towards the training grounds. "Guess it's just you and me now Eli" I said and he nodded as we started heading back to the mansion. Before we walked into the mansion we heard screaming coming from the forest. I dashed off towards the screaming and I saw Ellis was right beside me.

We came to a clearing and I saw a boy with brown wavy hair facing away from me. Next to him was a taller one with white wavy hair. "What the hell is going on" I said right before I got a wiff of blood making my eyes widen in shock. I rushed over and shoved past the two of them and I saw Spencer laying on the ground with a chunk of wood through his chest. "Spencer" I heard Ellis say and I looked over to see his eyes widen in horror as well as his hands shaking. "What the hell is g-" I heard Alice say but she stopped probably seeing what I was. "SPENCER" Luca shouted and I watched as she ran over and fell onto the ground next to him. I just fell onto the ground right where I was standing. I felt hands on my shoulder and I just looked down as tears fell down my face. "HOW LONG WAS HE LIKE THIS" I heard Luca shout and I slowly looked up to see her hands covered in blood.

"I- I don't know but that chunk of wood has silver on it and it was pierced through his heart so probably not long" the brown haired boy said and I just broke down and started crying. "X" I heard Everly's voice and I looked up to see her and the other two standing there. I didn't say anything and they just pulled me into a tight hug. "Who could have done this" I heard Cass say and none of us spoke because we didn't know.