Chapter Four

Noah's POV
We pull into James drive way, but not before his car groans. He unlocks a the door with a key, I notice there's no keychains, which is weird because when we were kids he use to have like seventy.

We both sit on the couch and stare awkwardly at each other, he goes to his room and changes into a hoodie. He doesn't sit down again

"So, I'll take the egg tomorrow and you can take it the next, so on and so forth," he says, walking to his room before returning with a pack of giant batteries and some technical thing-a-ma-bobs.

He tosses it all onto the coffee table and opens a drawer and grabs a screwdriver among other things I couldn't identify for shit.

I realize I had been watching him for an hour when he gets a phone call. He answers it and puts it on speaker unwilling to put down his egg warmer.

Speak of the devil. The egg screeches. He attaches the battery and the warmer buzzes. He takes the egg from me and shoves it in, it warms the egg, and it stops screaming almost instantly. He checks a knob on the back, before cheering.

"IT WORKS," he says excitedly, "IT KEEPS THE HOLDER AT A CONSISTENT TEMPERATURE WHILE STILL BEING SOFT ENOUGH TO HOUSE THE EGG,"

The person on the phone laughs.

"Cool story bruh, but we're coming over," the guy says.

"Oh, James that's adorable," a feminine voice with a Hispanic accent says.

"Yeah but you guys I have company-" the door bell rings.

"Too late, we're already here," the guy says.

"Who do you have company with," The girl says who've I realized is probably Julia, she sounds pissed, which is different from the shy Julia I saw earlier.

James takes no notice of the change in Julia's demeanor.

"Noah," he says opening the door smiling, and kissing Julia on the forehead.

Sean stands at the door, holding a brown paper bag, with Julia, Albert- And the rest of the football team which I can only loosely guess the names of- I think one is Kyle.

"I brought alcohol," Sean says happily, he pulls three packs of beer out of the bag and puts it on the counter.

James bro hugs all of his teammates, I take to looking more closely at the egg when I realize, the egg looks a little funny.

Just a tad different from all of the eggs I usually get at the grocery store. It has a dark spot around the middle of the egg, with some faint spider-like veins, what the fuck is wrong with this thing.

"Jaaammmmeeesss, our egg is funny looking," I touch it, besides from the warmth provided from the warmer, it's warm in the way a hand is warm.

I google the description of the egg.

"MOTHER FUCKER OUR EGG IS ALIVE," I yell setting it gently back into the warmer.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS ALIVE," He yells back, basically hiding behind his girlfriend.

"I MEAN ITS GONNA FUCKING HATCH, WHEN WAS THE PROJECT DEADLINE AGAIN," I say loudly.

"In like 20 days," he says quietly.

I google how long it takes for an egg to hatch, 20 to 21 days.

Oh my god we're probably going to have to take care of a baby chicken for a few days. That crazy bitch, Mrs. Turner, is going to get some innocent baby chickens killed if she did this for everyone.

I turn my phone to James.

"Oh shit." James says quietly.

James POV
"Oh shit," I repeat slightly louder.

"Ya know what, let's get drunk off our asses I'll go hide the egg," I say staring at the egg.

I grab the egg and the warmer and put it in my room, Noah follows me.

"How did none of our friends get stuck in Mrs. Turners class?" He asks watching me try to put the egg on a shelf, I'd jump to reach it but I don't want to risk it.

He takes it from my hands and sets it on the shelf with an unapologetic laugh.

"Short ass," he says still laughing.

"You did not just say that," I say looking at him. He grins.

"Short. Ass." That was it.

I tackle him straight into my bed, he laughs harder.

"Nice moves," he flips the tackle, "but, is this the best you can do."

I was going easy on him before.

I try to flip him over but he uses his long spindly legs to trap me underneath him, I just smile.

I put all my weight into pushing him onto the floor.

"Mad now are we?" He says smugly.

I push him onto the soft carpeted floor.

"I've been waiting to kick your ass all week," I say grinning.

I hear footsteps, momentarily distracting me, he flips me over, Julia walks into the room.

"Get off of James, pervertir," she says laughing.

Noah's POV
I watch as James doesn't hear the unnecessary jealously in her voice, doesn't understand that laugh is a threat towards me not, a: "I'm not really calling you a pervert, hahaha,"

This bitch scares me, I roll off of him. Julia helps James up, he throws an arm around her waist.

"I kinda miss this," he says smiling at me with an innocent light in his eyes, "hanging out,"

"Oh shit speaking of," I throw my phone at him and he catches it with his super hero catching skills, "I need your number,"

He puts it into my phone I label him as ankle bitter. I notice Julia glaring at me.

"Down girl, it's for our project," I say smiling at her.

I send a cheesy pick-up line to him so he has my number.

He looks at me when his phone dings, laughs and than text me back.

Julia, looks at his phone, and than glares at me, I blow a kiss.

***
We venture back into the living room ready to get hammered.

A/N
I WANT TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER SO BAD. FUCK UPLOADING SCHEDULES, FUCK ME, ITS COMING ON TIME PROBABLY EARLY MORNING🤬

It's a long chapter.

How did I do on the pick-up line?