21 Luca

I had only ever met Ash once, at the Ceremony for Elijah and Lark. Really that was the only time I had met anyone here. Ash was strange, in an interesting way, her husband Rhys was a right on kind of guy. I had no idea why she was being so nice to Evie. I owed her a debt I didn't know if I would ever be able to repay. Whatever Ash had done, Evie wasn't calling her life a nightmare anymore. Her emotions felt different in my head. It was hard to feel how bleak and dark she had been. I wS grateful for the change.

I had felt it, the moment Evie's mind had finally snapped. There was no other way to describe it. I felt as she looked at me, started to stutter about my wolf, Ash, talking to Curtis of all fucking people, then Michi. I felt the moment she had accepted that she wasn't dreaming anymore.

I let her ramble through everything she had been through, confirming it was all real. Holding her hand. There was no deep draw on my strength. She had gotten scared. That was what had made her drain me. She didn't have control over being a PIxie, it seemed it was more instinctual, protective. Her nature had probably kept her alive, saved her in her past. If I had to be drained until I fainted and fell to the floor every once and while, it would be worth it.

"I don't feel magical, I didn't do anything before Steel fainted, or before you did." It was like I could feel the sharp edges now. The things that were still too hard for her to accept. I was trying to explain what Delia and Auris had told me. She didn't believe she was anything special. I tried to understand. To think about how it would be. It would be like waking up to find that the skies had multiple suns and the sky was always pink now. To realize one of the most basic things you knew to be true, knowing who and what you are was wrong all along.

A newly mated pair ran past us down the narrow path. The smell of magic and sex thick around them. The boy shifted into a wolf right in front of us, the girl's eyes changed to those of her dragon as she took chase after him. Evie's eyes going as wide as the moon as she watched. She didn't say anything. I watched her eyes go wide at the couple, before she looked at me. Then really looked at me. Lingering long enough for my cock to start to stir to attention. She blushed, making the freckles that dotted her cheeks stand out even more.

We reached our cabin and went inside. We had passed by two other couples out for a walk on the mostly deserted road. The dragons were secretive, fearful. All shifters had heard about how badly the last Fae dragons had lived. It was good to see them living peacefully, happy families in the village Evie and I were sharing with them right now. Evie had blushed so deeply, she had been the most fully dressed of anyone we met. Her blush vanishing under her clothes. I hated that I didn't know her well enough to know just how far that blush could go.

Evie went and sat by the cast iron stove in the cabin. Poking in the fire and setting everything up. "Clothes please." she said looking at her kindling, eyes firmly away from me. She went back to tending her fire while I grabbed a similar pair of sweats to the ones she was wearing, only in my size up my legs. "Sara really called Rocket? She really did it?" Evie asked, looking at me over her shoulder. With those eyes that rolled like the ocean. The gray blue green color shifting every moment. I nodded and Felt Evie mentally run away from thinking about Sara. Her mind trying to outrun to ache of betrayal

I could feel her heart. This was the hardest part. She wasn't ready to fully accept that Sara had set her up. She was moving anywhere but there in her mind. "I bit you too. That wasn't a dream?" She frowned. "You hit me with a truck." Remembering when I had finally found her in the industrial park. Turning away again, lighting a match and watching the heart for the fire she had set up catching lite. Burning bright quickly.

"It wasn't a dream, I didn't expect for you to be running at shifter speed." I tilted my head, showing her the ragged, well healed scar on my throat. "I am yours and you are mine." I said, squeezing her hand. "You drained Steel, used his strength to run away as fast as you did. Steel. He's a shifter like me, when you borrowed his power, you assumed some of his nature. I guess? You knew I was your mate then because you were I donno high on shifter strength." I wasn't clear on the details. I knew little of Fae, it was literal fairy tales. Had never expected to meet one, let alone be mated to someone Fae.

"You're making it sound like I am OG sailor moon villain after energy." She said, pouting. Poking at her perfectly burning fire. I could feel her try and accept it, to really think about what she had seen. What she had felt as she ran barefoot down a street faster than was possible for her. If she was human that is.

"Only when you are scared I think." I assured her. She was harmless unless she was scared. I knew it. She clearly hadn't known what she was doing to me or Steel. Fully dressed I walked closer, drawing up behind her.

"I feel the strangest thing when you touch me." She had said in a breathy voice. I could smell her arousal as she started to truly lean in and accept what she was feeling. Or at least how her body was physically responding to me. She looked at me. "This is really real?" She asked again, for the millionth time. I would keep repeating it a million more, if only for the time it would give me with her.

"It's really real. You feel it. I do too Evie. Just trust you, trust how you feel." Curling myself around her and her little fire in the tiny stove. I held her in my arms, voice low as I whispered in her ear, feeling her relax and lean into me. "No more hiding behind telling yourself you were drugged, or this is a dream. Let yourself feel it." I told her. Watching as she nodded this time, she wasn't fighting anymore. I could smell her arousal in the air. I could feel that she wanted me.

Until she pushed me away. Scooting out of my arms. "Ash invited us to a BBQ tonight?" She said. Heart racing, I knew she wanted me. She was deflecting. I couldn't figure out what she was thinking right now. I had no idea a single person could feel so many conflicting and fighting feelings all at once.

Her heart was so tangled, dark and twisted. I thought I had known suffering, I was realizing how foolish I was. I did the only thing I could do, I accepted her how she was. Willing my strength, my belief in us, and my already strong love her over to her. She was my everything, my whole life from now on was going to be centered on her, always looking to her. She might be dark right now, but like the moon circles the earth. I would keep shining Evie's own light back to her until the sun rose in her heart again.

"We can go. We can do anything you want." She let me cuddle behind her again. I kissed her head. She was leaning back into me. She wasn't relaxing like she had before. She was tense. Her mind running. She was already feeling so much. I didn't want to make her feel trapped on top of everything else. I made a choice. Leaving out that we wouldn't be these pack lands until I know the psychotic vampire after her is dead and dusted. We could do anything she wanted on these grounds until then. After that she could have the world.