risky plan

"The more you can lose, the higher the risk."

JJ and I meet again to talk to his cousin Ricky and go there with our skateboards. In some moments, I feel like JJ is enjoying this mission for the sake of an adventure. "Yo!" "JJ, what makes you come here all of the sudden?", Ricky greets him quickly and looks over to me, "Izzy. I'm quite surprised you're still together." "You know about it?", I wonder. "JJ told me weeks ago." "He was driving me insane", JJ complains and I chuckle. "I can imagine that", I agree, "Yes, we're still together and better than ever." "So what do you need?", Ricky questions so JJ begins to tell him about his plan.

"Ricky, you just have to let the engine of the ambulance run. Can you do me this tiny favor? Only that and nothing else." "It's not about the favor. The plan is just too stupid", Ricky replies shaking his head. "Come on. Let just run the engine, Ricky. Do it for me." "I don't want you to end up in prison." "I'll be there sooner or later anyways. Better for a good reason", JJ mumbles and seems to be serious about it. 

Is this about Plumb? Did she make him feel worse about himself? "But I don't want anything to do with this. You've got many stupid ideas but this is the most stupid one by far." "We wouldn't ask you if it wasn't that serious, Ricky", I try to help JJ. "Exactly. And don't forget about the last incident with your weed when I helped you. You owe me." "I'm sorry for your friend, seriously. But I'm not helping you committing suicide." 

I have to admit, I'm kind of glad that he said that. Of course I told JJ that I would help him but only because I didn't want to let him do it alone. I'm still worried what could happen or go wrong. "Please, bro. You can go on a date with Iz if you help us." "What, no?", I intervene confused. Since when would he even offer me to anyone? "Yeah alright. Then with her sister." "I don't have a sister, J", I remind him of my family and give him a confused look. Why would Ricky want to go out with my sister when I don't even have on? 

"Iz", JJ groans and lets his head fall into his neck, "Can't you lie for once?" Oh, I mean.. yeah, it would have been worth a try. "It's still a no", Ricky insists, "I'm working during the night later so if that's it.." "No, we're fine." "Okay, don't do anything stupid." I'm about to say I'll take care of him but I'm trying to be less judging and more helpful around JJ so I just wave Ricky goodbye and follow JJ. 

I also see him taking the key to Ricky's van but I stay quiet and follow JJ outside. Looks like he's got a plan. JJ walks up to the van as if it's the most normal thing to do until he turns around and looks at me confused when I'm about to open the door. "Iz?" "What's your plan, J?" "Getting John B out of that damn shithole", JJ grins realizing that I'm not holding him back, "Do you trust me?" "Let's do this together."

"Are you ready?", JJ asks me before we're about to get back into the van to fulfil his plan. I've already accepted the fact that we're about to do something really stupid but well, that's it. Maybe we'll end up in prison, but do we have another choice? John B could face the death penalty. "As ready as I can be", I nod and put my hair into a bun. "Iz, baby, look at me", JJ tells me softly as I turn around to face him when I'm done. 

"I know, this is-" "No, let me please say this first, okay? I.. I never thought there'd be someone who would accept me as I am with all the crazy ideas and outbursts. But you do and you're still here. You're even here now that I've got the most risky idea ever. So I just.. I know we've been talking about this not a long time ago, but please let me add this ring to the jewelry that you're wearing everyday", JJ says softly holding up one of the rings that he's been wearing for the past years. 

"J-" "Please, Iz. I've promised you to be your man as soon as this is over and I promise to keep this promise. No matter what happens." "J, I've said yes already so don't try to persuade me when you definitely don't have to talk me into it", I smile happily and nod so he takes my hand and places his ring on my ring finger. „I love you and I promise we're going to get out of this safely tonight." "We will", I nod, "I love you."

So when it's dark, we drive the van back to jail and wait in front of the building for the time that JJ has told John B. "At least we can't listen music so no one has to switch the broadcast all the time", JJ chuckles and I smile. I don't remember us talking about something unimportant as a broadcast for a long time. I enjoy the moment and that it's just the two of us when I feel JJ placing his hand on mine. "It's usually you the one who can't decide for the one song that you want to hear", I giggle leaning over to kiss JJ, "I'm glad we're doing this together." "I-", JJ begins but stops when a police car is parking next to us.

"Ugh, I hate it when the night's so boring and nothing's happening", the officer complains. "Yeah, I get that." "Hey, what happened to Ricky? Drank too much?" "Something like that. I show the new trainee around", JJ shrugs and answers the ambulance call quickly, "Duty is calling. Have a good shift. We'll see you later." "Wait, I've got nothing to do anyways. I'll join you two."

"Dear God, please let us go through this safely", I mumble when the police officers at the jail come closer to check the ambulance van before we can access the premises. "It's too late to be religious now, babe." "Aren't you a tiny bit nervous?", I wonder as the officer comes closer to shine through the front of the van with his light. JJ and I both pull our caps down so our face is more covered and as I watch him, I can see him nod into my direction. He's nervous as hell. 

"The loading area is straight ahead." "Understood. Thank you, sir." "Just load him in", JJ tells the nurse quickly. "Are you here to pick up the patient?" "Yes", JJ replies delighted about this seeming to be so easy, "Of course we're picking up our patient." "Then let's go." "Where's Ricky?" "He's got a food intoxication so Sam here shows me what the night shift can be like. I'm a new trainee", I tell the woman quickly so she would believe it. Luckily, JJ joins me talking about the dinner near the highway where Ricky ate the bad food to make her believe it even more.