trespass

"Strong people stand up for themselves, but stronger people stand up for others."

"Come out now, Bella. It's getting boring without you. I might just set JJ's bike on fire. Let's see what happens, right? Or you come downstairs and talk to me. How much do you mean to him? Imagine his bike is destroyed, he would hate you and go home to daddy who's going to punch him once for each dollar that this ridiculous bike costs." Rafe's voice is filled with hate and anger. As always to that time, he's also high and drunk.

"Don't listen to him", JJ whispers, „I don't care about that bike." "No, JJ. He's serious. He'd to it. I'll go downstairs." "No!" 

"Yes, JJ. I don't like this either but he's right. Your dad would freak out and hit you. I won't let that happen." Before he can reply, I already leave the room and go downstairs, open the front door and close it behind me so he can't get in.

"Bella, you're here. I knew you'd be", Rafe says softer and walks closer so I hold the doorknob behind me tightly. "I am, Rafe. But I was trying to sleep so can we talk tomorrow?"

"Bullshit!", he yells at me again, "That pogue is here. I knew it, Bella. I knew that you're fucking him!" "Rafe, please", I whisper but he comes closer and I feel JJ pressing the doorknob behind me. "Does Kiara know about it? JJ fucking Maybank and her cousin. Don't you have that rule.. no pogue on pogue making? What would she say about it?"

"Don't tell her, Rafe, please", I beg him softly, "If I ever meant something to you, please just let go." "You broke up because of him, right? Hell, you probably cheated on me", Rafe mutters and shakes his head, "I can't believe you, Bella. I would have done everything for you and what do you do? Run to a pogue." "It's not about him, Rafe. Please, go home and we can talk tomorrow." "As if you would talk to me tomorrow, you'll probably be with Routledge the next day."

"Enough, man, you crossed a fucking line", JJ spits as he comes out now as well and pushes himself in front of me. "Leave, now." "Little JJ wants me to leave", Rafe laughs ridiculously.

"No, Rafe. I don't care about you but my girlfriend wants you to leave. You've hit, grabbed, insulted her. She's not coming back to you. Go home to daddy kook." I can feel how JJ is holding his anger back as the veins on his arms are throbbing.

"I knew you went to him that day, Bella. I knew it. Hell, I would understand anything, I even understood that you left me. But I don't get why it's him. The dirtiest of all pogues." "Go home, Cameron", JJ repeats his words and tenses his jaw. "You can't make me do anything, JJ. You're a fucking joke. What do you do when your dad beats you? Come here and cry in her arms?" "Leave, Rafe." "Oh no, you're not-"

"He can't but I do", Christian appears in the driveway, "Go home, Rafe."

"Good, you're here. I came to talk to Bella and look what she's hiding around with. A Pogue!" I can't believe it. He still acts like the good guy in front of my aunt and uncle. 

If they came just right now, they must have heard him. I'm lucky that they're already here. Christian will be able to handle the situation.

"Your dad promised us something. So leave my property, Rafe. If you don't, Anna will call Sheriff Peterkin right now. I wouldn't want to be driven away by our Sheriff and picked up by Ward at the police station if I was you." "But-"

"You're lucky that JJ or I haven't beaten you up already, boy. Don't underestimate me. We didn't see everything but I've heard enough to tell Isabella to report you to the police. Leave my property, I'm not saying it again", Christian goes on with such a severe voice that Rafe finally does what he's been asked for.

"Well, I guess it's my time to go", JJ says more easily now and scratches his head uncomfortably. First Pope found out about us, then Rafe and now Christian and Anna have seen us. Our relationship isn't going to be such a secret anymore.

"No, wait, JJ", Anna speaks to him for the first time, "I don't know a lot about you, almost nothing. But we've seen how you defended our niece and try to calm her down."

"Would you want to stay for a beer?", Christian offers. JJ looks at me questioningly so I shrug my shoulders. "I don't want you to leave but it's up to you." "I'm underage", JJ tells Christian but my uncle lets out a laugh. "That doesn't count. You can't tell me that you've never drank a beer before."

While the two of them go to the living room, Anna asks me to go to the kitchen with her. "I know I don't always talk about your friends in a good way, mostly because I'm afraid that they might be a bad influence for you. And you know that I'm more severe with you because your parents trust us. But I'm ashamed of having thought that Rafe would be good for you. Even happier makes me the fact that JJ stood up for you like that. He really likes you, hm?"

"Yes and I like him a lot, too", I nod. "Does Kiara know about you two?"

I shake my head carefully. "We've got that rule which says that no pogue should be with a pogue. Kie thinks that JJ would only hurt me but she knows that I like him."

"Tell her when you're ready. She'll understand you, especially as you're kooks." "Thank you, Anna. And thank you for taking care of me although it wasn't easy. I really appreciate everything that you do for me."

"I know, Isabella. We're happy to have you here", she replies softly and gives me a smile. Anna tells me that she would get ready for bed after a long day of working so I grab my glass of water and join Christian and JJ in the living room who talk about surfing lively.

"Isabella, you should have told me that JJ is a surfer. He says he's good." "He's the best", I reply and sit down close to JJ on his part of the couch.

"You know, I was pretty good once, too, when I was young and lived on the Cut", Christian goes on. JJ's face looks enthusiastic now and they begin talking about how life on the Cut is like and how Christian and my dad became kooks.

"Oh, it's pretty late", my uncle notices after talking to JJ and I for two hours, "I should go to bed now. We're going to open tomorrow in the morning."

"I guess that's my cue", JJ agrees politely, "Thank you for being welcoming." "Why would you leave? Just stay here. It's not like you would stayed away while I was working", Christian chuckles.

"Sorry about hiding by the way", I add guiltily, "I thought it'd be fine to make use of your offer with someone else." "Of course, Isabella. I'm glad you did. Whatever it is, you can always talk to us", Christian reminds me before heading to bed.

JJ and I put our glasses away and then go to my bedroom. It's the first night in which he doesn't have to hide in here. "Just because I can stay here, doesn't mean they'd be fine if I fucked you, right?" "Oh, JJ", I laugh amusedly, "You might soon again. I'm glad you're here." "I'm lucky I'm allowed to be here."