- day two (3) -

It was here.

My first recoupling.

It'd been a bit of a drama filled day as Liam told us he was leaving the villa, he'd been feeling really low and a bit trapped when I'd spoken to him this morning so I wasn't too shocked at his decision.

He'd asked me what he thought I should do, and I told him he needed to do what was best for his well-being. If he needed to go he needed to go, we all understood that and waved him goodbye in the afternoon.

We'd then had a text no more than 20 minutes after he walked out the door to announce there was a recoupling, and the boys would be picking the girls.

None of us had any idea what was going to happen and who was going to end up with who.

The couples that were in here from the beginning all had their partners picked by the public and not by choice.

So anyone could end up with anyone now.

Especially seen as Luca and Davide were battling for Gemma's attention.

And Ekin was after Davide.

Which she had made very, very, very clear.

We all get ready in the dressing room as I root through my wardrobe for a dress to wear, eventually changing my Ming and selecting a green satin co-ord set.

Leaving my hair in its natural mane as I slip on some strappy heels

'Oh, you're so peng.' Ekin hugs me and I grin. 'Back at you chica.' I grab hold of her hand, heading out into the garden with the group.

We cheers to the evening, and honour Liam, wishing him the best. Then all of us head in different directions.

I sit with the girls on the benches as we all take a deep breath.

The ball was out of our hands tonight. It would be the boys making the decision.

And we could see them all talking and thinking over what they were going to say.

I had no idea who might pick me.

Or if I would even be picked at all.

God that'd be embarrassing, I'd never hear the end of it from my brothers if I came all the way out here to Love Island just to get dumped the first recoupling I was in because nobody liked me.

We get called over to the fire pit after Indiyah gets a text and I take a breath, standing in my spot between Amber and Paige.

Dami stands up first, recoupling with Amber with a really cute speech.

I don't know if she looks happy though. And I make a mental note in my head.

Andrew then stands up and recouples with Tasha, who does look happy to be with him.

And then Ikenna stands up.

And I cringe for Afia as he picks Indiyah. I'd been convinced he might pick Afia because she'd shown such an interest in him. And only him. But no.

Leaving the five of us.

Ekin, Me, Gemma, Paige and Afia.

Here comes the drama.

It could literally go anyway.

Luca is next; and I take a deep breath.

I squeeze Paige's hand, and though I hope it's her I know that it's not.

He picks Gemma.

My eyes widen as I squeeze Paige's hand again, the girl squeezing mine back.

That left one boy.

Davide.

And four girls.

We all knew what was gonna happen here.

I just enjoy him trying to speak in English, laughing a little as he cracks a couple jokes.

Which basically sums up his new couple as he recouples with Ekin Su.

'Fuck.' I turn to Paige and Afia, giggling as the three of us chuckle.

Jesus I was having a mare.

Then my phone dings as I frown.

'I've got a text.' I chuckle, reading it over as my eyes widen, my jaw dropping slightly.

'Lilah, Jaques has chosen to couple up with you. Make your way to the hideaway to spend tonight and tomorrow getting to know him.' I read from my phone, everyone gasping loudly as I widen my eyes.

'Oh my god!' Afia and Paige gasp as I make an inhuman noise, scared a little as I wave goodbye and head off.

Everyone wishing me good luck.

'Don't do anything I wouldn't do.' Ekin winks as I roll my eyes with a laugh.

'Okay that doesn't help because you'd do everything.'

Everyone laughs loudly as I walk away, seeing them nod.

I head round to the entrance to the hideaway, jumping around to try and get my weirdness out before I go inside.

I look around, having never been in the hideaway before, finally spotting a guy sitting on the bed.

Shit he was hot.

'Oh my god. Hi!' I smile, walking forward to greet him as he stands up.

He was tall, another bonus.

'Hiya, nice to meet you, I'm Jaques.'

I think he's going to go for a hug, but he kissed me on both cheeks.

I jump, a little surprised as I laugh slightly.

God he was a complete and utter stranger and I was about to spend 24 hours alone with him.

What if he was a wrongen?

What if he was a murderer? The cameras wouldn't matter if it was too late and he'd already killed me.

Goodbye Lilah.

You will be missed.

I realise I've done it again, gone off into my own thoughts.

So much so that I didn't hear what he was talking about.

'... I don't know what she's gonna think of me being here but we'll see I guess.' I laugh falsely as he chuckles.

I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

But clearly the look on my face sufficed as he moved on to keep talking about the other islanders, asking about who was interested in who.

And the next day as we entered the rest of the villa again.

I only wished I could've heard what he'd said so that my jaw didn't hit the floor and go through the concrete.

A/n

I was waiting to see where things went with the couples then decide who I was gonna put Lilah with but apparently Casa Amor has made everything a free for all so I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Them boys are moving way too mad.

DAMI, DAVIDE AND ANDREW WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU. WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU.