12. Twelve

When I woke up, Teo was no longer in bed with me

When I woke up, Teo was no longer in bed with me. I searched his bedside for the clock to check the time and found that it was already noon. As I lay there in his bed, inhaling his lingering scent, I looked up into the darkness. Mateo's room was always dark and one couldn't see past the huge bed, which was covered in grey silk sheets. His curtains blocked out the sun so it was always hard to tell what time it was in there. I got up, threw on my pajamas that were lying on the floor, and walked to the windows to draw the heavy curtains back to finally see the room in all its glory.

His walls surprisingly weren't white or some ugly color; they were black with the ceiling painted white. His sitting area was also painted black with dark emerald green couches and a big black concrete center table. As I looked around his room, I could see how structured everything was. Since I could remember, Teo had always loved blacks, golds, and greens.

My wandering eyes were interrupted when his bedroom door opened and Teo walked in with a tray of food. I quickly walked over to help him carry the tray since his arm was injured.

"Come mi reina, let's have brunch on the balcony," Teo said.

I slid open the balcony door and saw Teo's setup of emerald green chairs with gold accents and a golden metal balcony table at the center. Teo brought me a selection of cut fruit, oatmeal, and eggs with bacon and hash browns. We sat there enjoying our breakfast.

The lingering question in my mind about Rafa kept pestering me, so I finally decided to ask Teo about him.Teo paused and looked out the balcony view, "We already have someone working on his phone and others tracking his every move as we speak." I felt a wash of relief hearing that they were taking this Rafa situation seriously, but it still didn' answer the question of Elly's body. 

I wanted to bring that up again but was conflicted in doing so because I didn't want to cause Teo anymore pain so for now I decided to give it a rest. I smiled at him as he looked over at me and scooted his seat closer to me to bring me in for a kiss.  He looked me in myeyes and put his forehead to mine, "I'm taking you out tonight Rosie. There's an event with the Lombardi"  He rose from his chair and walked back into his room and came back out moments later with five stacks of money in his hands.

He put the neatly stacked bills on the table. Each stack held together with white and gold wrap mid center that each read $10,000. He placed a black card on the table on top of all the bills, "Once we marry, you will have your own card Rosie, for now use mine and keep this cash on you to use as you desire. "

I looked up at him confused, "what's all this for Teo?"  He reached for my arm and gently pulled me up into his arms, "I want you dressed up for me tonight mi reina, I want everyone to turn their fucking heads and see the beautiful woman I have in my arms and have it known that I am the only one who can touch you, hold you, admire you" he paused as he lowered his head close to my ear and whispered in a rugged tone," and fuck you