19. Nineteen

I heard the sound of running water in the room adjacent to the one I was being held in followed by the subtle footsteps of Martha approaching my door as it clicked to unlock and open

"Your bath is ready Ms. Gallegos, come follow me"

She led me out to the room next door where there is was large clawfoot tub filled with water and dried flowers and herbs in it. "Please bathe, I will wait for you outside" she lowly said, "if I cannot hear you using the bathe I'll be forced to call Mr. Santos"

"No need to" I quickly replied, "I'll take a bath myself"  Martha gave me a small smile and left me alone in the bathroom.

The bath soothed all my aching bones and muscles as I sat in the tub soaking. I had to think of a way to get out of here with Elly. But everything I saw on the way down to the basement made me feel so helpless. My room was being guarded and barred and Elly was in a basement chained with 5 other guards in there alone with her and more throughout the house. My thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock at the door. "Rocio its time to get you ready. We are behind schedule" Martha said from behind the door.

I quickly got out and wrapped myself in a  towel and opened the door to find Martha and two other guards standing behind her.  "Come, lets get you dried and ready." We made our way back to the bedroom with the door locking behind me. I dried myself off and changed into a bathrobe that was neatly laid out for me.

Martha began to brush my hair back making sure not a single hair popped out of its place.
"Martha, do you know why Marcel has brought me here?"She ignored my question as she finished styling my hair. Finally breaking her silence she asked me to change into the dress I had bought earlier today. A mixture of emotions began to take over me. I wished that Teo would be on his way to save me already. She helped me zip up the dress as she pulled out a small mirror from her pocket for me to look at. "You look beautiful Ms. Gallegos, Marcel will be very pleased"

I felt a shiver run through my body as she said those eerie words. My train of though interrupted at someone knocking at the bedroom door. Martha quickly said in a high tone, "you can come in!"

In came Marcel dressed in a new suit and tie, "you look beautiful Rocio" Marcel said as he studiedme from head to toe. I couldn't  help but feel disgusted as he checked me out. I quickly responded "this dress wasn't for you. I jad bought it specifically for Mateo."

I could tell that struck a nerve with him by how his gaze quickly lowered and clenched his jaw. The silence interrupted by Martha walking behind Marcel, "I'll help her put her shoes on and she's ready to go Mr. Santos."

Marcel made way for Martha as she bent down to tie the matching heels on my feet. Martha came back up and smiled, "she's all ready".

Marcel smiled as he walked over with his hand out waiting for me to take it in mine. I stood frozen in my place and hesitantly stared at his arm. What else was going now?