FIFTEEN

[𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐬𝐚]

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 fifteen, The King Slayer

Hundreds of men flooded through the gates, some carrying supplies while some carried nothing at all. Driysa watched them intently, trying to match the sigils they held to the corresponding House. 

"Weirdly spikey sun... Karstarks?" Driysa said, turning to Bran who had joined her at the top of the wall. 

"The white sunburst," Bran nodded.

"How many of these people walking into this castle," Driysa began, a frown playing on her lips, "Will never walk out?"

"How many Free Folk have already died due to the Night King," Bran countered, moving closer to her, "Somethings are best left out of mind,"

"Will I walk out?" Driysa asked, mostly to herself. 

There was a silence between them as Bran placed Driysa's hand in his own and held it tightly. Driysa kept her gaze towards the incoming men, not allowing herself to look away should her eyes become clouded with tears. 

"I would never let you," Bran promised, kissing her hand. 

Driysa let out a laugh, a genuine hearty laugh, "I do as I please. No Southerner lets me do anything,"

"Yes, yes, you do," Bran smiled, pulling her onto his lap. 

The room was pleasantly warm, with different candles adorning almost every surface to ensure nothing was covered in darkness. From any point in the room, one could have a full view of every nook and cranny in the larger room. 

It was Sansa's room, a place she'd never been to, despite it being so close to Bran's own room. 

"So, what's all this about, then?" Arya asked from beside Driysa. 

All three women were seated on soft pillows on the floor, where a short, small table held warm tea and small platters of food that could be eaten in a single bite. Driysa looked at the food suspiciously, wondering why the food was so small. Surely it couldn't fill a single person up.  

"I wanted to speak to you two away from prying eyes," Sansa said, turning towards Driysa with a sigh, "Driysa, you hold the cup by the handle with one hand. And you sip it,"

Driysa, who had the cup clutched tightly with both hands, slowly lowered the cup from her mouth, revealing a now completely empty teacup. Gulping down the tea she had thrown down her throat in one go. She looked around sheepishly to see both Sansa and Arya holding the cup with a single hand.