Chapter 5: The First Letter

Hope saw the expression on Moon's face and let out a sigh. "It seems I've said too much." Moon blinked rapidly as a million questions went inside her mind "listen," Moon was pulled out of her thoughts and gave all her attention to the Nightwing across from her.

"The night Winter left, he came to me. When I asked what was going on, he said he was leaving the Academy. Then, he gave me this." She turned around and reached into a drawer, and pulled out a small piece of paper with a small blue seal on it.

Moon grabbed it and stared at it. It was a blue seal with a small blue castle on it. When she turned it over, there was her name on it. She took off the seal and opened the envelope and took out a piece of paper that was folded over neatly three times. 

She took a deep breath and unfolded the paper and read the letter.

Dear Moonwatcher,

I know you have a lot of questions and are very mad at me. But I just wanted to say I'm sorry. And before you go look for me, I'm not in the Ice Kingdom. I vowed I would never go back there unless it was absolutely necessary. 

As to why I left, I was causing so much pain for everyone. So I left. I feel that everything would be better if I wasn't around. I know you must be very angry at me and I can't apologize enough. I was so concerned with my place in the Circles back home that I forgot why the 20 Year War ended in the first place. So all the tribes and dragons in them can get along.

But I've caused a lot of pain for you especially all because you're a Nightwing. But you were always nice to me and helped me out with a lot of things and I don't know if it would be right for me to come back and risk being mean to you again.

I hope everyone else is doing alright though. Even if I was mean to everyone I still wished the best for them. I hope that Turtle and Kinkajou have a nice life together as a couple, I know they'll treat each other right. I hope that Peril and Clay can get the recipe for fried shark right. I'd love to try it when they perfect it. I hope that Qibli can help Queen Thorn with him being her advisor. I hope that Hope and Peacemaker can make a good life for themselves in the Rainforest.

And finally, I hope that you can master your powers and help people. I hope you all can lead happy lives and start families. And please do your best to forget about me.

Sincerely,

Winter

Moon started to tear up as she read the letter. "Winter...." She looked up at Hope who sighed. "I know. When he told me he was leaving I was shocked." "Did he say where he was going?!" Hope shook her head "no, he didn't." "Did you at least see the direction he went in?" Hope shook her head again. "I'm so sorry."

Moon slumped down in the chair and her ears hung low. Hope reached over and put her claw on Moon's. "I'm sure he'll come back. Don't worry." Moon whimpered and started to cry, but then she felt someone press up against her.

She looked down and saw Peacemaker there, with the coloured scales on him turning blue, indicating sadness. "Moon no cry. Moon has ta be happy." Peacemaker stated, looking determined as if a single touch of his scales could cure anything. "Thanks Peacemaker," Moon then looked back at Peacemaker, "do you think he'll come back? No one can stand being alone for that long," she says, looking at Peacemaker and seeing a flash of Darkstalker's face with a wicked grin. "It's done terrible things to some dragons, I don't want him to be alone."

Hope smiled "that is a very admirable of you Moon," her tail began to wag and she nodded "please, let me know if you see him. I- I need to talk to him." Hope nodded before Moon left. 

She clutched the letter in her claws and tears began to prick at her black eyes, and she welcomed them with open wings. Dang it... Winter... She thought with a sob. I never got to tell you.....

I love you.