Chapter 19: He's Back

"W-Winter...?" Moon uttered out, seeing his face. He nodded "hey, Moon." She smiled and broke free from his grip, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him on her, hugging him. "Winter! I missed you so much! Do you know how worried I've been?! I was so scared something happened to you! Don't you dare do it again!"

Winter sighed and returned the hug, leaning back and helping Moon stand, even though she was still hugging him. When she let go, she smiled "Winter... I-" "I'm sorry, no time." He hastily went to the door and opened it, looking at the hallway before going back to Moon and grabbing her wrist.

"You're not safe here. We need to go. Now."

He dragged her out into the hallway and ran brought her to a small cave leading to the outside. "Wings up." He said, as he took them both to the air. Moon had trouble keeping up with him, but still managed to at least keep their claws intertwined.

"Winter what is going on?!" Moon yelled to him, but he ignored her and went faster, occasionally looking back. Winter dove down, dragging Moon with her as he landed on the ledge, catching Moon and setting her on the ground.

Winter looked around, "I'll take you back to my place. You'll be safe there." "Safe? From what? From who?" Winter turned around, looking at Moon, but then he growled. 

"Yeah Winter... Safe from what?"

Qibli asked, as he and the rest of the Jade Winglet landing and standing right next to Snowslide, who was next to Moon. "Safe from-" Winter saw Snowslide's tail rise from behind the dragon, then it was angled right at the back of Moon's throat.

Winter growled as a warning, but Snowslide slowly inched his tail towards Moon's neck. Winter sighed and relaxed and Snowslide's tail lowered as he approached. "Prince Winter, my heart leaps to know you are safe." He said with a bow. Winter nodded "thank you for your concern, but I am fine."

Winter quickly grabbed Moon's claw and pulled her to him and gently nudged her side. "If you can hear me Moon, stay away from him. He's dangerous. I promise I'll keep you safe but you can't leave my side."

Moon looked up at Winter, who was looking at Snowslide that was busy talking to Kinkajou and Turtle. Just then, Qibli came running up to Winter and hugged him "Winter my dude! You made me worried sick! Don't pull something like that ever again!" Winter chuckled "I know I know... How's everything?" Qibli let go of his friend and smiled "everything's good. You missed the exams! Lucky!"

Winter laughed and Turtle came walking over and extended his claw "it's good to see you safe Winter." Winter grabbed the Seawing's claw and pulled him into a hug "same for you Turtle." Turtle smiled and hugged nuzzled into Winter, before letting go and putting his wing around Kinkajou. 

Kinkajou smiled and laughed "I'd jump on you too for a hug but I can't." Winter turned his head. "No? Why?" Moon looked up at Winter "did you not read my letter?" Winter looked at Moon and titled his head from side to side "kind of, I got to the part of 'new student has arrived' when I hear that it was-" he looked at Snowslide who raised his tail "... A Icewing... I had to meet them. So I came as soon as I could. I didn't finish it. Sorry, why? Was there something important?"

He asked her, looking at her black eyes. "O-Oh! Um... Well... Kinkajou is with egg! That's what was on the letter!" She yelled desperately, pointing at the Rainwing. Winter immediately looked at Kinkajou who chuckled and raised her wing, and Winter saw the bump. He smiled and looked at Turtle who was dying from embarrassment.  "Y-Yeah... We're going to be parents."

Winter smiled and hugged them both "that's so amazing! Congratulations!" Winter let go and went back next to Moon, sending a scowl in Snowslide's direction. "Well, it's almost lunch time we'd better get back."

Kinkajou flew, followed closely by Turtle, Moon and Snowslide. Qibli and Peril were about to take off, but they were stopped by Winter who grabbed their tails. "Qibli, Peril, listen. I know this may seem sudden but you can't trust Snowslide. I promise I'll explain but we need to be somewhere private." Winter quickly took to the air and flew after them, catching up with Moon and putting himself in-between Snowslide and Moon.

Qibli turned to Peril. "What was that about?" He asked, "I don't know but Winter wouldn't come back unless it was important. And I can tell he's hiding something." Qibli nodded "yeah." They took to the air and flew after the rest of the group.

-----

They were walking down the halls of the Academy. Moon was next to Winter at the back of the group. "I'm sorry this must be sudden Moon, but you need to trust me on this." Moon nodded and Winter looked at her, but he saw something on her ankle. When he looked closer, he saw it was a small bracelet. 

"You... You kept it...?" He asked, disbelief evident in his voice. Moon looked at the ankle bracelet and nodded, blushing. "I-I'm sorry... Do you want it back?" Moon stopped and reached back about to take it off. "You never liked your mind be-" "No.." He interrupted, grabbing her claws and smiling "keep it. It really suits you." Moon smiled and retracted her claws "a-alright..."

When they arrived to the class, Snowslide was about to go into the class Moon was in (because they had the same class), but he was stopped by Winter. 

"Listen." He spat "I know what you are. You can't fool me and you certainly can't fool everyone here forever. They will know." 

Snowslide smiled wickedly "and you're going to tell them what I am? Tell Moon what I am?" Winter growled again. "Don't call her 'Moon'. Only her friends can call her that." Snowslide laughed an evil laugh "but, Moon and I are friends. I'll have you know out of the four classes I have, Moon is in two of them..." 

Snowslide inched closer to Winter, but the Prince smiled "I know how much you like being discreet, Snowslide. You won't off her unless you both are alone." 

Snowslide growled "I have my ways you know." 

Winter growled in response to Snowslide's threat. "So do I."