Chapter 7: Dreams

Moon stared at the Dream Visitor intensely, but then so many questions flooded her mind.

How does Winter have this?

Does he have more?

Has he used this one anyone?

How does Hailstorm know where to find it?

She looked up at Hailstorm who gave her a blank stare. "He came to see me, he told me he was leaving Jade Mountain Academy, so he gave me the Dream Visitor and when I meet a Nightwing named Moonwatcher that I should give it to her. Then, he left." Moon sighed "did you at least see where he went?" "No, sorry." Moon looked at Hailstorm and smiled, tears forming and then running down her cheeks.

"Thank you so much!" She cheered, jumping on Hailstorm and giving him a hug which he hesitantly returned "uhh.... You're... Welcome? Sorry, Icewings aren't really one for hugs." Moon chuckled awkwardly and backed away "sorry," "it's fine."

Hailstorm looked at the dragons who were coming back with some berries in their talons, and some stains around their snouts "I'd better get going, I'm supposed to be looking after Sanctuary and reporting back to Queen Snowfall on the status of the Icewings here." He spread his wings and leapt into the air spiraling away.

"Moon, what's in your talons?" Peril asked, noticing the gem. 

"It's.... A Dream Visitor" she said bluntly, showing the magic jewel "what? I thought they were all lost! How- How did..." Turtle uttered, stepping forward and gently grabbing the gem to examine it. "I don't know how Winter managed to get one, but-" "I do." Qibli said, looking at the Animus-touched gem. "When we were in Queen Thorn's Stronghold during a sandstorm, he could have taken it from the treasury." 

Moon shook her head "I doubt he'd do something like that. Winter isn't a big fan of magic to begin with." Turtle nodded "I can confirm that statement." Peril examine it from afar "so... This thing allows you to go into someone else's dream? That's a little creepy." Moon nodded "maybe, but so far this is our best chance to find Winter."

Kinkajou looked at her clawmates "so, who should be the first to try and contact him?" 

Everyone looked around then their gazes settled on Moon. "M-Me?" She asked, pointing to herself, finally noticing their eyes on her. "Yeah. I mean, you have the Dream Visitor and you were so in a rush to find him, so I think it's best for you to be the first to contact Winter." Turtle said, walking back to Moon and returning the Dream Visitor "just, promise us we'd be able to talk to him too 'kay?"

The Nightwing nodded "of course." 

------------

Moon laid down on her leafy bed, with Kinkajou right next to her, flashing a comforting smile "I'll be here for you Moon, don't worry." Moon nodded and pressed the Dream Visitor to her forehead and laid down, closing her eyes.

Take me to Winter the Icewing's dream.

------

The first thing she felt was something wet and soft at her claws. The smell of saltwater and seaweed flooded her nostrils and the feeling of the warm sun hit her back in a comforting way. When she looked down, she saw water and sand enveloping her talons, slowly moving up and down with each passing wave. She looked around and saw she was on a beach that was pretty big, lined with washed up seaweed and shells of all sorts. She walked out of the water and looked at the land. 

There was a small forest with different kinds of fruit bearing trees, when she looked closer, between the tree trunks she saw a small wooden house. She hesitantly walked closer and found herself on a stone path lined with many flowers and bushes. 

As she got closer, she started to notice that in front of the house, there were two gardens, one for fruits and vegetables, and another for flowers. She stepped closer and looked closely at the plants and smelled them, but there was nothing. Right, this is Winter's dream. She looked at the house, then back at the shore I wonder where this is.

She stepped closer the the house and then before she knew it, she was on the porch. It was wooden and had a small bench to the side, and the door had a small circular window on the front right at eye level. Moon took a deep breath and opened the door, stepping inside.

Inside, there was a small walkway that led to a small lounge and across from that was a kitchen, that had another hallway leading somewhere. When she stepped closer, she heard some talon steps coming closer, so she stood still. 

Then she saw him. 

Winter himself, going to the kitchen, holding a small basket with cucumbers, mangos, tomatoes, and some lettuce in there. He placed the contents on a small counter and then went to the cauldron hidden away with gray stone around it, keeping it from catching fire to any nearby wood.

He grabbed two small rocks from a cabinet and grinded them together at the base of the cauldron near some wood, and it caught fire. He then went back and put away the small rocks and grabbed a knife from the same cabinet, before turning around to the vegetables and grabbing the cucumbers to cut up.

Moon slowly stepped closer, still keeping some distance between the two of them. She saw Winter cut up some cucumber before putting them in the cauldron, a faint splash being heard. Is he making soup? She wondered, looking at the busy Icewing.

Moon decided she'd take the risk and make her presence known to him. She stood up fully and walked towards the kitchen. Winter turned around and faced the sink, and began to wash the tomatoes. When he went to grab another one, he accidentally knocked it over and it fell on the floor, and rolled to Moon. Moon picked the tomato and as he turned around and saw her, he froze and his eyes went wide.

She smiled, "hey Winter. How are you?"

"M-Moon..."