The Weekend

I pulled on my father's classic, cedar-brown blazer

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I pulled on my father's classic, cedar-brown blazer. It was one of his old ones and as a present, he had gifted it to me. It was a bit big, but as it grew colder I was thankful for more coverage than less. I had a green sweater underneath with a pleated skirt, making sure to wear tights underneath it all.

I nodded at myself in the mirror, ready to see Meeks and Pitts. I made my way over to my door, opening it with new found confidence. I had a slight kick-in-my-step this morning, all my homework was finished and today was the day I wanted to go to town. I passed more doors, checking each number as I went. I stopped at their number, knocking on the wood of their door firmly. I smiled, Meek's face peeking out from a small gap.

"Diana, you alright?" Meek's voice spoke, his tone inviting.

"Was wondering if you and Pitts wanted to come to town with me today?" I asked, shoving my hands into my blazer pocket with a grin.

"Yeah sure- I've just been helping out Charlie with Latin and Pittsies just been fiddling around with the radio. Come in, join us."

I felt the smile on my face falter slightly, I didn't really want to see him today. I pushed through the regret of coming, entering the room and thanking Meeks quickly afterwards. Pitts was at his desk, fiddling away with tools and such; his face was concentrated, but the sound of the door shutting seemed to distract him. He looked up, puzzled.

"Hey Diana!" Pitts smiled, lowering the screwdriver he had clutched in his hand.

"Hey Pitts, wanna come out with Meeks and I? We're heading into town." I responded, shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

"Yes please- we've been needing to get some stuff for the radio. I need a smaller screwdriver, this one ain't cutting it."

I nodded my head, watching him move out of his seat to his wardrobe. I sat myself on his bed, finally allowing myself to sneak a glance at the other figure in the room. Charlie was settled on the windowsill, back against the wall with his Latin book in hand. He was playing around with his pencil as he read. I looked up to his face, his eyes immediately meeting mine. I turned to Pitts and Meeks again, watching the two pull on their sweaters and shoes.

"Can I come?" Charlie's voice cut through Meeks and Pitt's conversation.

"Ask Diana- she's the one who'll need the company. We're gonna shop for radio parts, she'll be off elsewhere after a couple minutes," Pitts joked, shooting me a look.

I glared at him, my day wasn't going to plan so far. I looked to Meeks, my eyes pleading with desperation as I stayed silent.

"Sure Charlie. You can come with us if you want." Meeks offered, grabbing his wallet with a smile directed towards him.

"Yeah, I'm done with Latin anyway. Thanks to Meeks of course. I'll go get my blazer-" Charlie confirmed, moving from his spot to the door.

"Meet us here in 5 then," Pitts spoke up, opening the door to let him out.