Part 24

The Carrow twins were known for dishing out traumatic punishments towards the Hogwarts students if they stepped out of line. They were allowed to use unforgivable curses as the Ministry had changed to law, and the Death Eaters had completely taken over the wizarding government. It was under Voldemort's rule now. This made the students attending the school fear for their lives, they knew there were a number of Muggle-born students disappearing outside the walls of the castle and it was a matter of time before the Carrow twins started murdering students. This fear was more prominent in the half-blood students that graced the halls.

One evening in Severus Snape's office, he had taken over Dumbledore's former office. Both Carrow twins burst through the doors, anger seething from the female in the pair. "Snape." She mutters.

Snape merely looked over at the twins. "What is the meaning of this interruption?" He wondered, he still taught Defense Against the Dark Arts and was marking students' essays. A job he had been seeking after his numerous years of employment at the school, now he was able to appoint any job he desired since the school was under his direction.

Alecto had an issue she wanted to raise with the headmaster, her last class of the day happened to be teaching the small first years in Muggle studies. "I discovered there is a half-blood witch placed in Slytherin." In the history of the sorting in houses, there hadn't been a half-blood housed in many centuries. "She doesn't believe in the curriculum that has been approved by the Dark Lord, as she was raised in a Muggle home."

Snape sighed, if the twins had their way the young girl would be hit with the killing curse. "What is the name of this student?" He already assumed the child was placed in detention which occurred after nightfall. He suspected he would be dealing with a traumatic first year later that evening in the hospital wing.

"Amelia Evans," Alecto says emotionlessly.

The last name causes Snape to pause his notes on an essay that was deemed inappropriate from the topic he had taught that afternoon. Snape thought the current generation of witches and wizards were useless compared to his generation. Although he is distracted by the news given to him, Severus knew of George Evans being the son of Petunia however he was unaware there had been further siblings born. Their last conversation had mentioned that their biological child had been adopted out, yet suddenly there was a student with a possible relation. Snape dropped the feather he was using, turning to face the Carrow twins. "I will undertake her punishment tonight." He offers.

The Carrow already had enough students attending their detention that evening, so taking the offer for someone to deal with the junior student was seen as a blessing for them. "Very well Snape, do not go easy on her just because she's the first year." The male in the pair mentions.

Not wanting to showcase emotion, Snape kept his face neutral as he remained seated at his desk. "You have my word," Snape informs the pair before dismissing them both back to their quarters before the evening meal was to occur. The twins nod, thanking them for allowing them to interrupt his afternoon.

Now the headmaster had to prepare himself for a meeting with another Evans child. He was unsure if he should send communication to Petunia, to enquire about Amelia. It could be that the child kept the surname of the biological mother and the girl had no idea of the family. She could even be from a different family line, Evans was a common last name in the Muggle world. Yet it confused the wizard why he wasn't informed about the new students accepted into Hogwarts, especially a list of names. He would have to make communication with Mcgonagall who dealt with the new admissions into the school.

That evening a young Millie Evans was informed she would be attending detention with the headmaster in his office, rather than in the Great Hall with the others that evening. Older Slytherin students provoked fun at the first-year student, warning her how scary their headmaster was. She must've done something terrible in order to get appointed detention with him rather than the Carrow twins. That caused the anxiety to rise inside the young girl who sat there at the evening meal in her Slytherin robes.