Part 47

So what became of the blended Evans family after Petunia's death?

Starting with Harry, he would never be able to thank his aunt for everything she did for him over the years. He went on to have two further children with his wife Ginny. His daughter inherited the middle name Petunia as a tribute to his aunt that raised him. They were a happy family that lived in the former home of his parents, Harry had restored the place to its former glory and even added modern touches to the kitchen and bathroom. Harry would also keep an eye on the Evans estate, which had been turned into an accommodation B&B, as the rest of the children remained overseas for the majority of their lives. Harry intended to keep the place in the family but didn't want it just sitting there. On many occasions, gatherings were held there for both family and friends. The funding gathered from the estate was put back into renovations and the trust fund for future generations.

Harry would end up teaching at his former school Hogwarts, but not immediately. He had a mountain of work to do in the Ministry. It was no longer just a job for him. He would become the Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. It was a job he enjoyed while Ginny was at home raising their children before they too would attend Hogwarts. And then Harry found himself with another full-time job as well when they started attending classes there themselves.

Harry did enjoy teaching the younger generation about magic though. They would sit around his desk and tell stories of what it was like to be a student at Hogwarts, especially as he was the famed hero that saved the wizarding world. Some even told stories about their adventures after leaving Hogwarts. Sometimes they talked about how they felt when they saw things like dragons or werewolves for the first time. They loved hearing from others who had been through the same experiences. He taught his students how to overcome their fears as he did . He could often be seen walking the halls of Hogwarts talking to other teachers and students.

Meanwhile, Dudley had remained in Australia running his building company. He would marry his longtime girlfriend Anna and followed was the birth of his daughter Alyssa, a sweet young girl with bright blonde hair and blue eyes to match. Harry would visit them when he could find time away from work, creating a strong bond between their children as they grew older. For all intents and purposes, Dudley seemed to have come out the other side of his traumatic childhood. He now cared deeply about his family and enjoyed a good laugh at the antics of his children. He and Anna would have twin boys named Oliver and William five years after Alyssa was born. They would enjoy their lifestyle living in a small coastal town with Dudley finding great success in his trade.

Dudley would recall stories of his past to his children, as they often asked why he had a different accent. It was British rather than their Australian accent. He'd tell them how he was born in England, living with his mother and father before they split up. He would continue to live with his father, only seeing his mother after he had passed. They weren't close at first but soon he created a successful life for himself, far from his home. That's where he met their mother and the rest was history.

Dudley would only return to England once, as his children neared their teenage years. He went to visit Harry on one of the anniversaries of his mother's death but would take his children to the former home he once lived in with his father.

"It's not much," Dudley said, holding his hand up to block out the sun to get a good look at it. "I know it doesn't even compare to the place you three grew up in, but it was my home." He would explain carefully. His children took interest in th e ho me but understood the odd feelings Dudley had as they learned more about how abusive his father had been.

He spoke fondly of his father, trying to make sure his children knew that this wasn't normal. When he spoke about his past, he always made sure to mention his mother too. She didn't suffer as much as he did but she still endured her share of hardship. He was glad she had the strength to leave. Dudley was happy to be back in England and could feel the nostalgia of the country as he walked through the small town. He felt like he belonged here again and it almost brought him to tears but the family eventually returned to Australia and lived there until the children were grown.

George would graduate with his sports science degree before landing a job with the Australian Football Association, working with the athletes after injuring themselves. He would later find major success by transferring to the European league of Football, helping prepare upcoming football players for major international championships. There, while working with a French team to prepare for the Fifa World Cup, he would run into Jane, the young graphic designer who was working as a Nanny at the time of their second encounter.

Jane would become the love of George's life and shortly after their marriage, they would welcome their child, a boy named Archie. They would return to Australia shortly before Archie turned five, so George was able to be closer to his siblings. While it wasn't a permanent move, it provided him with more stability than the rest of the family, as he found himself travelling quite often between Europe and Australia in his career. With a growing family, he would soon take on a new role within the AFL as Head of Medical Affairs. He would even join a local community rugby team in his spare time and encouraged Archie to get involved in sports in his youth.

After graduating from university with her nursing degree Millie would decide to become a travel nurse, finding it was greater pay than local hospitals. This would allow her to explore more of the world and even do some volunteering with medical charities along the way. She would often run into her twin Beckham on these occasions, making their bond tighter. Eventually, she would settle down and start a family after meeting a man named Matt in New Zealand. Millie would enjoy a relaxed lifestyle in New Zealand. The people were warm and friendly, the climate was perfect for her, and she could work as little or much as she wanted to earn money. There were plenty of places for her to discover with her family . She'd have no problem finding friends, either.

The couple would have t wo children, a boy and a girl named Ma x and Allison . She would turn to part-time work working at a hospice with elderly patients, a job she loved. This allowed the perfect balance between he r family and her care er , wh ich was a good thing as he r siblings now lived internationally. Millie's daughter Allison would go on to become the top fashion designer in the country, having started her own label at the age of 18. S he was able to use her small national fame to raise awareness for various causes through charity events, much like her mother did. Her reputation continued to grow until she was able to expand her brand into a global market.

Beckham enjoyed his travelling around the world, with the aid of his mother's camera. Over the years, he would capture photos of wildlife and scenery, which he would make into photobooks and sell online. He would often gift these books to his sibling s and the rest of the family, allowing them to relive special memories and places. He would earn money remotely, selling his images to magazines and newspapers, and putting together a decent income. He would also continue his studies in photography, eventually becoming a well - known and respected photographer , this included both the wizarding and Muggle worlds. He would be employed by the English Ministry of Magic to document various events and situations all over the world. While he may not have been a full - time professional, he still worked hard at it, wanting to carve out a niche for himself and prove his worth.

Eventually, he would realise his siblings were settling down to start their own famil ies. He would meet a woman named Brooke from America , and the pair would embark on a whirlwind romance. After just three months of dating they married and after a year of marriage, the couple welcomed their first child, a girl named Chloe. Shortly after Chloe's birth, Brooke would fall pregnant again with twins, a boy and a girl named Luke and Kelsey. This would result in the couple moving to Australia to give the kids a better upbringing , which led Beckham to gain his teaching degree . He would teach photography at a local school, while still enjoying being a freelance photographer and travel writer. This still led to plenty of international travel, which he brought his family on for extended holidays .

Most Christmas' the siblings would still attempt to get their children together to enjoy a large family affair. The holiday became a tradition that each family member looked forward to, no matter where they lived or what they did for a living. Even if they couldn't come home for the holidays, the family would do things together on other days throughout the year. The only times they wouldn't see each other was when someone had to travel abroad for work. They still kept in close contact, they only had each other to look out for after Petunia had passed. It didn't change them entirely after finding out who their father was, there was nothing for them to miss once they learned more about him. He wasn't involved in their lives and they received plenty of support from their mother.

This was just a brief outlook on this generation of Petunia's growing family. It didn't include many of the cousins and extended family members that made up the rest of her clan, but it gave an idea of how the family tree was slowly branching out across the globe.