63

I felt as if my soul had left my body at that moment.

Many scattered scenes flashed in my mind; all of them were things that happened when I came to this kingdom.

I was utterly terrified; I felt goosebumps all over my back.

I had never expected that this 'big shot' would be that bold and unconstrained. 

Although seeing someone take down their veil wasn't a big deal to someone from earth, it was a major event for this to happen in this kingdom and on someone who might be a 'Princess'.

I started to feel some regret.

I had intended to 'unintentionally' accumulate some 'favors' to see if I could gain some strong resources that could help the estate out of its bind, but it had actually backfired on me.

If I do not handle this properly, it would definitely bring disaster to the estate!

I am not on my own anymore. 

I married Jennie, so I counts as a part of House Stark to everyone else.

In a society under the rule of man, people could get punished for having connections to an offender!

"This is so tasty! Back home, I've never eaten this before."

That young lady did not think that there was anything improper about taking off her veil, and she did not notice that I had already gone pale from shock.

Holding up the stick of candied haw, a small bump had risen on her cheek. 

She was presently carefully working her teeth on the next piece of candied haw, as if she just wanted to eat the sugar skin alone.

Her emotions were expressed so sincerely without any reservations. 

None of it was hidden.

Actually, this was what a young girl should be like in my opinion. 

She should freely express herself as she wished.

But now was not the right time to appreciate this.

I got up with the intent to leave.

That young lady swiftly tugged on my sleeve when she noticed that I was about to leave without a word, "Where are you going?"

"I..." 

Still facing away from her, I made up a random excuse, "I'm going to see if the physician is here yet."

"Just wait here then. Stay here with me, I don't want to be here by myself."

I had the urge to bite my own tongue off, but I couldn't leave here forcefully either.

There was evidently some problem with this young lady's mind; she would even take off her veil without any hesitation.

What if she started to cry because I left, or what if she holds a grudge because of this and told her family about how I 'bullied' her later...?

I felt that if that truly happened, there was practically zero chance left for me to return to Winterfell in one piece.

I looked around.

Fortunately, this is my property; we were the only one in this entire hall.

If I could convince her to put the veil back on sooner, it should be fine.

I had no choice but to sit back down again.

I gulped a little, then said, "Miss..."

"Mm!"