Chapter 10: The Official Nature Hashira

"Is the chant done?"
"It is, but you can't take off the bind yet."
"Understandable. There is no hard feelings about the announcement, right?"
"Nope. I knew Shima isn't your actual name. It doesn't fit you and your whole character."
"Hehe, I got that a lot last night."

The day after the mission, Flora told everyone her real name and why she is here... minus the dimension thing. Surprisingly, the majority took it well, and of course Sanemi didn't. With a glare from the Flame Hashira behind her, he had shut the bullshit real quick. The last thing he needs is to go to Shinobu-san because of third degree burns. Sadly, he didn't get to properly talk to her.

And the day after, he didn't have the heart to do so when Flora's eyes are covered. She sent Mina to deliver a small scroll to Kyojuro; he saw the message and was out the door without a second thought to support his love interest in the decision to reveal her actual eyes.

He scolded himself on how his feelings are revealed. On the job. The professional Flame Pillar can't even wait until the mission is complete.

Worst part about it? He didn't get feedback. However, there is always light in the void. Like the ball of flames taking over the sky in the day.

The ombre colored male sought this as a second opportunity to succeed in conveying the emotions that take over his breathing by the thought of Flora. Therefore, while her eyes are covered, he claimed to have somewhere to be.

He travelled to a nearby village for the pick up. Two days ago, the woman left the two haoris alone one time while having tea. Rengoku knows she felt hopeless in having them repaired to their original state, so being the kind-hearted, love-stricken man he is, he "borrowed" them for an idea of a gift.

"Hello! I'm here for the haoris and portrait!" Kyojuro announced to the seamstress in the small building.

"Ah, yes. The Flame Hashira. It took a lot of work, especially with the additional and important detail I pursued, but the final result is lovely."
"Thank you for your services, ma'am."
"If you want to thank me, let me know what your partner thinks of my handiwork!"
"I will!"

He walked out smiling at the package wrapped up in green and brown wrapping paper. He wanted to open it so badly but resisted and made the mansion his destination.

Meanwhile, Shinobu, Mina, Quakey, and four other people watched in anticipation as Shizen began to take off the bind that is wet with tears. A hand mirror is in front of her. A courtesy of Nezuko, the sweetheart.

She open her eyes to reveal a vibrant green with a black leaf as irises. She smiled as she saw her mom and dad in them. Her mom's pupils. Her dad's irises. She put the mirror down to show everyone. Nezuko loved them; she climbed on the older woman's lap to gaze into hers lovingly.

She thinks of her as a mother figure ever since that one joke going around that Flora adopted the Kamados, didn't leave them any choice, and included Rengoku in the family as the adoptive father. Tanjiro didn't have the heart to tell his younger sister that it's a joke. Not when she took one glance at the maroon woman and snuggled into her chest, so to make her happy, he played along and eventually got used to thinking of Flora as a mother or an older sister.

The only ones who weren't aware of the scandaleous joke are Flora and Kyojuro. One is to be expected than the other.

"Ah, your eyes look so cool, Flora!" Tanjiro exclaimed smiling.
"You are more stronger opponent! Fight- ugh!"
"Don't speak to a fair maiden like that, Inosuke! You're lucky Rengoku isn't here to drag you to fight him again."

The masked teenager grumbled at Zenitsu's hit to the back of his head while shivering. He remembers the last time he challenged her in front of the Flame Hashira.