CHAPTER 7

You were terrified and tried to calm your breathing but it felt like there was a hand wrapped around your neck, stopping your air supply

“Who is it?” Mason shouted in a shaky voice.

Then, the car's headlights illuminated the windows before it was followed by loud honking.

Could it be your mom? If it was, you didn't know whether you should be relieved or startled.

“Y/n, Open up!” You heard a voice and it was Caitlyns.

Relieved you ran to the door, opened it, and went outside, hugging her tightly.

“Oh my God, what happened to you?” she asked with concern coating her voice.

“M-Michael,” you managed to whisper but a car door slammed shut which made you lift your head, seeing that it was Chrissy. Confused you looked at Caitlyn who just shrugged her shoulders and shook her head indicating that she had nothing to do with bringing this brat here.

Walking in her heels and mini dress, she stopped in front of you and pointed her crooked index finger at you. “Where is he? Is he in there?”

Perplexed you said nothing.

This made her continue with her allegations. “Did you fuck him?” she swung her hand and slapped you in the face.

“Hey! What the hell is your problem? Who are you even talking about?” Caitlyn stood up, getting ready to fight.

You held your hand on your burning cheek, enraged and you were about to explode but you waited for her to answer.

Chrissy's hair stuck to her sweaty face as she spoke. “Nick. I saw him leave after you had left. It wasn't so hard to figure out that you stole my man.”

“Bitch, there's nothing good about him anyway!” you spat.

She came again to attack you, but Mason stood between you two. “Wait. Nick is dead. He's dead,” he murmured, anguished.

Just like you expected, both Caitlyn and Chrissy threw you both bewildered expressions.

“What are you talking about?” Caitlyn whispered and just like that, a few meters from you stood the masked man holding a butcher knife that was already coated in blood.

“Guys, get inside now!” Mason shouted pushing everyone inside your house.

It isn't possible. How?

They shut the door, panicked, shouted, cried and you couldn't take it anymore so you screamed at the top of your lungs, drawing everyone's attention. “Enough!” you started. “That man isn't just anybody. That man is Michael Myers and I'm sure about it.”

“What? Michael Myers is a fictional character. Are you insane?” Chrissy shrieked before tangling her fingers in her hair, tears messing up her mascara.

“It's true. We better hide, we better run!” Mason stated, holding a knife in his hand before stalking up the stairs.

“Okay. Everyone's crazy! You just fucked my man and now you're trying to distract us with a man who's playing a prank!” Chrissy said while walking towards the front door.

Your eyes widened as you backed away. “Christina, get back in this house,” Caitlyn instructed while also walking backward.

But Chrissy stayed to her story so she turned around, swore all of you, and turned the knob, opening the door.

She turned around and smiled. “Nice prank, assholes,” before striding outside.

Just when you thought you were safe, the masked man stepped behind her, grabbed her by the hair, and stabbed her in the abdomen several times, before bringing out the knife and slashing her in the chest.

You screamed terrified, before running up the stairs with all of your friends.

You ran into your room, shut the door closed, and stood behind your bed, trying to figure out where would be a good place to hide.

It was quiet before you heard the creaking of some old tiles. You thought that you should hide inside the wardrobe so you went slowly and settled inside, closing the door.

It was quiet, but you knew it was a lie. He was there alright, lurking around in the darkness, trying to find his next victim.

You then heard a scream which made you jerk and cry out yourself. It sounded like Mason and you wished that it wasn't him.

Plastering both your palms over your mouth, you tried to silence your cries before the banging at your room door made you cry even louder.

He was kicking the door until there was the noise of wood splitting as his leg came through.

And then, silence.

It went quiet but you knew he was inside your room. He was there alright.

Closing your eyes shut, you heard slow, heavy breathing and steady steps before it came to a halt.

No.

He knew you were inside the closet. Opening your eyes, it sounded as if he had left. He did leave but you stayed in your hiding spot.

So close to death.

Your breathing was silenced, but tears flooded your eyes nonetheless.

It was over.

No. You thought it was but it wasn't when the door ripped open and a cold hand wrapped around your neck, dragging you forward until your back hit the wall. He lifted you off the ground, your legs kicking and trying to break free but he was too strong.

Now, you were face to face with evil himself as he pressed, feeling the throbbing pulse in your neck.

He tilted his head as if admiring you. You gasped for hair as he brought his other hand up—no longer holding a knife—and weaved his bloody fingers through your hair.

When your chest tightened and when your face turned pale and blue, you knew that this is where you die but you were wrong. He let go and dropped you to your feet. You collapsed and wheezed, breathing heavily.

You closed your eyes, wishing for the man to go, disappear and forget about you but when you opened your eyes, he was still standing there, just watching you.

“Please don't kill me,” you whispered.

The house was quiet except for your heavy breathing and his slow, shaky breathing.

You sat on the floor, crossed your legs, and hugged yourself, trying to minimize the space you were taking up so you would be unnoticed but he knew you were there.

But he grunted and held his hand to his side, he was in pain. You looked to where his hands pressed down hard on his side, excess amount of blood spilling down his fingers.

Was this the reason he had let you survive or was there another reason?

Even though he was hurt, he stood up straight and walked away, disappearing through the door.

You shut your eyes tightly and only opened them when Mason trotted towards you.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“I'm fine,” you assured him but noticed that he was bleeding continuously from his arm.

“What happened?” you asked investigating the wound which cut through the material of his sleeve. It was a large wound and he grunted in pain.

“It's okay. When he had stabbed me, I stabbed him back. It definitely slowed him down.”

You nodded, understanding but then a question sprung up into your mind.

“Where is Caitlyn?”