Chapter 2: Wrong School?

"Oh, I hate my stepmother!"

You flinched as Filip suddenly yelled out of nowhere after you three walked out of school. You noticed how his brows frowned furiously with his left hand on his hip. You gently rubbed his back, which made Filip calm down instantly.

"Whoa. Whoa. What?" Agatha asked slightly surprised at her friend's outburst.

"You can tell us, Filip. Something seems troubling you." You shone a smile on him, which toned down his anger a bit.

"There's an opening at the factory, so she's making me quit school to bring in more money." Filip explained as he slowed down his pace to let the sisters catch up with him.

"So I will quit too. Can she get me a job there with you?"

"I come with you guys too." You got in front of them and looked at their faces. "I don't want to be without you guys. Or they are gonna bully me again."

"No, no, no, (Y/N). No one will bully you as long as I'm here." Filip said as he grabbed your shoulders. He then turned to Agatha as he complained, "And for what? We just fade into this town like everyone else? No, guys. My mom said I'm supposed to do something important. Something that matters."

"What do you mean?"

Filip turned to you and Aggie, he turned away for a while before he answered your question. "I think... I'm leaving this town, tonight."

You frowned in disbelief which made you speechless. Your head was full of questions that you wanted to ask him or if he got bored of this town? Of you?

"Wait, Filip... you've never even set foot outside Gavaldon. You don't even know what's out there. None of us really do."

"That's the point. You know nothing can ever happen for me as long as I'm stuck here. I can't settle for an ordinary life. I won't."

You went silent with his words, your face lowed down to the ground as you tried to brink your tears away. Your head was full of thoughts of how bored you were for him to run away from this town, from Aggie, from you.

"Well..." Both of them turned to you as you avoided eye contact. "If it's what you want and you're happy with it, I won't get in your way. But send me a letter every time, okay?" You went to Agatha before you gave her a bag. "Can you give this to him, please?" Your eyes looked at him with a sad smile before you excused yourself elsewhere.

"Did I... say something wrong?" Filip asked cluelessly. Agatha watched her sister leave before she grabbed Filip's wrist and dragged him somewhere quiet and less crowded.

After Agatha came to the field with a tree beside them, she sat down on the ground before gesturing for Filip to sit beside her.

She took something out of the bag which made Filip's eyes widen, it was the necklace bead but with your name on it. "What is this? Did she...?"

"Yes, Filip. I saw her do this two days ago, just like something came into her mind." Agatha answered as her mind went back to when she saw you keep yourself in your room, so she took a peek and saw you doing your craft.

Filip looked back at the old necklace that you gave him long ago. The newer one has more decorations with your favorite things like flowers, stars, the shape of a heart, and most of all, the name of him and Agatha.

"See? You already did do something that matters. The day you became our friend." Filip looked at the necklace for a minute before he looked back at Agatha. "Please, I can handle this place by myself but (Y/N)... she needs you more than anything else and I trust no one but you, Filip."