012

"What? No," Dahlia laughs, shaking her head. Complete lie, even though she wishes it was true. "I wasn't."

"Oh, so you do have sexual thoughts then," Jenna nods, rubbing her chin dramatically and smirking at her. "Good to know."

"Yeah, I do, they just aren't about you," Dahlia retorts, walking up to her and reaching her arm behind her to get that stack of napkins she was asking about. Jenna suddenly grabs her hand at the last second though, bringing it down, down, until it settles on the inside of her thigh.

"Oh yeah? Are you sure?" She asks, looking in her eyes. Her skin is warm and soft, as she slowly guides her hand up her skirt. She lowers her voice to a whisper then, asking, "What about now?"

"Oh my God, you're insane!" Dahlia pulls away, taking in a sharp breath, and she bursts into laughter. Like having to actually lean over she's laughing so hard. "What if that guy had seen? And why the hell are you laughing?!"

"Because it's so goddamn funny to see you all squirmy and nervous," Jenna laughs, shaking her head. "And it's so easy, too. Plus, if we're lucky that guy's into threesomes."

"I wasn't even...I wasn't even squirmy or nervous," she replies, crossing her arms. Lie again. "You just surprised me. That's it."

"You know, I'm pretty sure Aunt Camila purposely picked out a skirt one size too small for me just so it would distract you and we would lose to them," Jenna shrugs, still extremely amused. "I didn't think it would work, but...maybe it actually did."

"You're completely delusional, you know that?" Dahlia laughs incredulously, trying to cover her ass even though she's almost entirely right.

"God, Dahlia, you really have to get better at lying," she shakes her head, before the snack bar worker notifies her that her food is done. She thanks him, gathers the hotdogs and water bottles, and leaves Dahlia to grab the margaritas as they make their way back.

"They really didn't card us," Dahlia laughs, looking down at the drinks in her hand. "That's kinda scary."

"Oh yeah, Dahlia, because the worst things two nineteen year olds could do is drink alcohol," Jenna laughs at her, shaking her head.

"Shut up, you know what I meant," she rolls her eyes, being careful not to spill them.

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm taking advantage of that soon," Jenna tells her, now stepping onto the tennis court.

They part ways then, as Dahlia goes on to the opposite side of the court to take her mom and aunt their drinks.

"God, I love vacation," her aunt grabs the glass from her, taking a sip and sighing contently. "Thank you, Dahlia."

She waves her off with a smile, before handing the other to Jenna's mom. But she doesn't look up or acknowledge her when she does; she just stares at her phone and takes it.

Dahlia swallows thickly, nervously, before turning and heading back to Jenna. She knows it's not personal; her mom seems to hate everyone. But she's unfortunately a people pleaser-especially for adults-and it bothers her so bad when they don't like her.

"So does she, like, hate me?" Dahlia whispers to Jenna, sitting down next to her on their side of the court. "Has she said anything to you?"

"Why do you even care?" Jenna laughs, looking at her as she shoves half of her hotdog in her mouth. Ketchup and mustard drip down her chin, as she wipes it off with the back of her hand and then onto the napkin. She makes a face.

"I don't know," Dahlia shrugs, looking away and off at the water. "I mean, don't we want her to like me? Wasn't that part of this whole thing?"

"Uh, not really," she stares at her, shoving the rest in her mouth. Then, barely able to talk, she says, "I told you she wouldn't approve. Having a boyfriend or Girlfriend at all is enough to get her to not freak out on me the entire trip. If you thought this has been bad, you can't even imagine the flack I'd get if you weren't here."