undercover

Wednesday and Enid found themselves walking into their first period, Psychology of Macabre. they look around the room to see the usual people, Xavier, Ajax, Bianca, and a few others whom they've only really seen walking around the halls.

the two girls take their seats in the back of the room, a few tables away from Xavier and Ajax and Bianca sat with another girl to their right. Wednesday takes out her books out of her backpack as Enid and Ajax keep looking at each other, Ajax staring at Enid, longingly, and Enid looking away every time.

an older man walks into the room and places his briefcase down on the big table at the front of the room.

"welcome to Psychology of Macabre, my name is," the man proceeds to grab a piece of chalk and sounds his name as he wrote "Mr. Denilios"

he turns around and faces the class, Xavier who was drawing in his sketchbook, was much more interested in his drawing than the teacher. Denilios flicks the piece of chalk at his head and the class erupts in giggles and nonsensical chatter.

"Mr. Thorpe, pay attention as this is one of the classes you need to graduate."

Xavier bitterly closes his sketchbook and sighs. the talking and laughing goes down and the room went silent as quickly as Xavier closed his sketchbook.

"now the Psychological aspects.."

Wednesday quickly drowned out Denilios, she didn't need to know about the psychological aspects of the dark and mysterious. her cellphone vibrates in her pocket, she discreetly pulls it out to see a message from her stalker. a picture of her in the class. she quickly figures out which angle it was taken from and looks over at the spot. in the spot sat Daeva Hadeon, a telekinetic. Daeva has now made herself part of Wednesday's suspect list.

"Ms. Addams, care to answer?" Denilios questions

Wednesday's head whips from Daeva to the front of the room. caught completely off guard by the sudden mention of her name. with no answer from Wednesday, Denilios sighs.

"please, everyone, this class is not for my sake, but for yours. pay attention, Ms. Addams"

Enid looks over at Wednesday, she knows the girl is humiliated. Wednesday's always been able to answer questions, whether that be with another question or a straight answer. Wednesday felt a slight discomfort with the way Denilios just completely exposed her like that to the class.

she puts her phone back into the pocket of her skirt and puts both of her hands on the table. Enid goes and grabs the closest hand and she interlocks their hands together, Wednesday looks down at their hands joint, and then up at Enid who gives Wednesday's hand a squeeze and a small smile.

the goth feels as if her appendix just exploded. the feeling she's getting every time Enid does something like this, every time Enid touches her, every time Enid smiles at her. it's all indescribable.

after the Psychology of Macabre lecture was over, Enid and Wednesday walk out of the room. they stop a few feet away from the door and turn toward each other.

"what class do you have now?" Enid asks

"Supernatural Studies, you?"

"Outcast Anatomy" Enid says to the girl as she adjusts her backpack

"would you like me to walk you to class?" Wednesday offers

"it's okay, you should get going. i heard Fourner isn't exactly very nice"

Enid gives Wednesday one last smile before she walks away from the goth. Bianca comes out and notices Wednesday watching Enid walk away, she stands next to her and looks at the same direction she is.